Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a moderate (in terms of decibels) exhaust system for a ZR7S? Years ago I tried a Two Bros on a Yamaha and couldn't hear for a day. I understand that Yoshis are toned down, and V&H and Two Bros are loud. I would like the better performance without blasting my neighbors too badly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Yosh on my Suzuki is louder and deeper sounding than the stock but very quiet compared to the other brands. It still scares livestock in the field while riding by, but still quiet enough to not bust windows.

Stay away from DD or you'll probably get permanent hearing loss. DD is one of the loudest pipes I've heard.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I'm not sure on manufacturers for pipes, but if it's just for your own desire to keep your hearing have you tried wearing earplugs? Works great for me! :thumb:

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
strada said:
Any recommendations for a moderate (in terms of decibels) exhaust system for a ZR7S? Years ago I tried a Two Bros on a Yamaha and couldn't hear for a day. I understand that Yoshis are toned down, and V&H and Two Bros are loud. I would like the better performance without blasting my neighbors too badly.
Hi Strada,

I have a Devil Titanium on my ZR7 and it sounds...really nice!
I understand you want something milder, so I would suggest you visit www.zr-7.com and www.zr-7forums.com ,the special forum for ZR7 ownerrs. All exhaust, problems, and tricks for this bike are discussed nicely there.

Aris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts