Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

4 questions for those who are willing to share.

1. Years you've been riding.

2. Number of accidents you've had.

3. Worst injury you've received in a motorcycle crash.

4. Did the accident(s) mess with your head so much that you thought of giving up riding. And did you.

Let me know your thoughts - thanks.

3mo

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
8 months, two minor accedents, fractured shoulder blade. The first accedent, the more minor of the two, made me think about it. It was my 4th day riding and it scared the crap outta me. But I got back on and haven't looked back.

Sepias

·
Registered
980 Posts
1) 1/2 Year - 4000 Miles
2) Dropped the bike once practicing figure 8s, crashed the bike once
3)Bruised cartilidge in the center of my chest, forgot what my doctor called it.
4)I considered stopping riding after my accident, however now I feel pretty confident that I am in total control of my bike, because I know what mistake I made, and I know I will not make it again. I am more afraid of being mauled by an SUV. A lot when I am not riding I am thinking wow, this is a pretty dangerous machine, however once I am in the saddle, all my troubles melt away, and I am 100% focused :cool: .

·
Registered
462 Posts
slick1537 said:
...however once I am in the saddle, all my troubles melt away, and I am 100% focused :cool: .
Bah! That's just your n00b side speaking out! When you're older, you'll realise that this was a dumb and dangerous hobby, and you'd have been better off staying inside the house all your life, playing solitaire on the computer! :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
892 Posts
16 months
1 small accident
just a few bruises
didnt make me consider giving up riding, but it did make me be more cautious for a while.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
26, 3 minor get-offs, the last in 1987, a little road rash, just the opposite - was counting the minutes till I could get back in the saddle....

·
Registered
59 Posts
on dirt bikes for about 14 years, rode my dads harley for a few months when he wasn't looking and just got my first street bike in april

no accidents involving movement, dropped it off the kickstand once ( long story) messed up the fairing and rear trim peice, and broke off the mirror on my 06 FZ6

sprained ankles etc. always wore hard armor in the dirt, always wear gear on the street

when I was 7 and highsided thrashing my KX I was so pissed at myself that I didn't ride for like 3 months other than that I love it too much to give it up

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. Had my license two years, although I've only got 4,000 miles or so of riding.

2. No accidents, worst thing I did was drop my old Honda in the driveway when I forgot to put the kickstand down.

3. No injuries.

4. Everybody dies at some point I guess.

·
Registered
515 Posts
1. August will make a year of riding for me

2. dropped bike first day riding it, accidentally pulled a stoppie braking too hard and crashed about a month after getting bike. a bunch of close calls due to use of bike as a commuter.

3. Hurt my wrist from a crash where I couldn't turn my wrist to open doors, but twisting my wrist was ok so I just kept riding :D

4. It's not my accident or close calls that scare me as much as when I hear about others who've died on the road that makes me somewhat hesitant once in a while.

I'm surprised Smitty hasn't chimed in with his very impressive numbers :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been riding for 21 years. Started with 80cc dirtbike when I was and have been riding since! Don't really want to jinx myself but have not had any accidents. I plan on riding for many years to come.

·
Registered
447 Posts
learned to ride in 1983 ,took a couple years off while i was stationed overseas in the army.

had a bad accident a few years ago crushed my hand bad enough to need surgery to put a plate and screws in it and a second surgery to remove them, lost a total of 5 months of work.

i was back on the bike that same summer with plate in hand , they removed the plate in dec of that year. the thought of giving it up never entered my mind.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
1. Two years.

2. Had a couple of a**e-puckering moments, including running wide on a rainforest cliff ( :eek: ) but I've never dropped it (touch wood).

3. Hurt my butt muscles from clamping the seat!!!

4. Every now and then, I think about giving it up, but I really enjoy riding and it saves gas. At this stage, I don't see a future without a bike in it. :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been riding for 6 years I started on dirtbikes I still ride in the dirt and on the street. I had 1 bad accident on my dirtbike it was at the end of my first riding season I broke my arm. But in the dirt your not riding hard enough if you don't fall and I've fallen plenty of times. This is my 4th season riding on the street. I've had 1 bad accedent on the street I had a car pull out infront of me at 50mph. I hit the car and just about totaled it with my body. i was realy sore for about a month after and had a ton of bruises but the only injury left is that i still have pain in my shoulder. Good thing I was wearing full riding gear or I would be allot worse. The thing that made me mad after my accident was i rode in crappy weather all spring and as soon as it got nice my bike got wrecked I couldn't wait to get another bike and 2 weeks after my accident I did.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
1. Street - 6 years, before that, 8 years in the dirt

2. Dirt - Thousands. Street - 20+ crashes

3. All in one incident; concussion, broken collar bone, seperated shoulder, 2 broken ribs, fractured metatarsul (foot), broken toe and extensive road rash on legs, arms and back. I was wearing cheap gear which totally failed.

4. Nope, I was back on the bike before I could even breathe normally again (broken ribs).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts