Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done my m1 test now I will be doing my course to get my m2 and well as learn how to ride. I need to get gear first though.

I was wondering what are the major differences between textile jackets and leather? Which would be more benificial for a new rider that plans on doing a few track days a few trips but mostly short rides around town.

I have money but like anyone eles I hate to part with it :) Anyhow some advice would be great ty.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe textile is more appropriate for steet use since it works better in the rain. I don't think you can race with textile gear but track days should not be an issue, unless you actually crash and want to ride some more afterwards. Odds are good you won't want to wear the textile again after crashing once. It's more ablative than leather and isn't made for multiple slides.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
If you might do track days you'll need jacket with a full circ. zipper to join with pants which is easier to find in leather and not all track groups accept textile other than super high end suits like aerostich. In short get leather WITH a waist zipper in place. Or get an inexpensive 1 piece for the track and whatever jacket you like for the street.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Does anyone know who makes two piece leathers with full circumference zippers? All I've ever been able to find are the 8" ones on the back. What manufacturers do the full circumference?

·
Registered
80 Posts
spicersh said:
Does anyone know who makes two piece leathers with full circumference zippers? All I've ever been able to find are the 8" ones on the back. What manufacturers do the full circumference?
I've seen a number of the Alpinestars jackets (Stunt, etc) mate with the full circumfrence zip on their "Track" pants. But they are $$$$$$. Same for Spyke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts