Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could you take an sv650, replace most of suspension (front end, rear shock) with GSXR parts to make it have clip-ons and handle better? what type of work would this take? is this a good idea? i've heard of ppl doing it before, but....ive just HEARD it, havent seen it. also, what about brakes? how would someone go about doing this?

thanks

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I would imagine for the amount of money and work it would take, you could buy a fairly new GSXR or even fix up an older one... but if you thinking of it as a fun project, I doubt you would be able to get the same out of a SVXR (SV+GSXR, heheh I make a funny) performance wise as you would a GSXR. But then again, you might get the best of both worlds somehow...

Sepias

·
Registered
351 Posts
You can have the forks of an SV re-valved fairly cheap, and a Gixxer shock will bolt right up in the rear. That'll improve your bikes handling dramaticly.

I don't know anything about clip ons, but I know rearsets are available for the SVs, and you can definately modify plastics to fit.

Check out gixxer.com, there's a regular there who has his SV all done up. His handle is SVS. He'll tell you everything you want to know.

:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts