Sportbike World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I recently painted, and then wrecked my bike shattering the left fairing. I'm looking around to get a new one. If I ordered one from Yamaha or bought anouther stock fairing the cheapest I've found is $425. I've looked on Ebay, but can only find people selling the right side and not the left. I decided that if I'm going to spend that kind of money I should look into a race body. Turns out they are cheaper and from what I understand stronger than stock fairings. So I'm looking at SharkSkinz bodies. I can replace the front, left, and right cowling for $345 total. It seems like a great deal to me but I want some input from people who have used race fairings before. This is going to have to be street legal so I know I will need to cut holes for my headlights and turn signals, but I'm not opposed to body work. This is the link to SharkSkinz site with my fairings on it. I was planning on replacing the wind screen as well, so having to buy a Zero G screen is no biggie. I have a guy in Cali that is willing to ship me the upper race fairing and Zero G screen for about $430 after s&h. Im trying to figure out what I'm getting into with all this. I was planning on repainting parts of my bike anyways since I don't like the pinkish purple it turned out as so thats nothing either. Basicall what all do I need to order, and how effective would a race body be as a street body?

Thanks,
Sepias

1 - 1 of 1 Posts