Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, whats up? Just wondering where i can find tires with colored tread. Ive seen them aaround but cant fid them. Someone get back to me...thanks

Dusty

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
colored tires or just the threads have a color in the pits? You can buy those tire paint pens and do it yourself. Probably $5 for the pen. Now the tires that are colored completely are crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the tires that are colored are crap i definately know that. Yea im talking about the color in the pits of the tires... so its just a tire color pen>?

Dusty

·
Registered
102 Posts
www.1tail.com/sa/p/180_55_ZR17_Tomahawk_Colored_Sport_Tire.htm
When you are there, check out 1Tail girl Victoria Star. I met her at the Cycle World show in Denver in 05.
She sined a poster for me, then saw my wife waiting for me and sayed, "would you like your wife to take your pic. with me?"
My wife gave us a dirty look, and walked away.
"I guess not" she laughed.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Something like that reminds me of people that just had to have the name of the tyre form of something like Dunlop or whatever in white, or they would not buy the tyre(s) for their cage, or the worst were those that demanded & willingly payed for the large amounts of the tyre to be white-walled though in fact it was not a superior tyre, but appearance & yes they spent more time cleaning off the tyre white-walled outer parts if they showed signs of dirt.

My feeling is if someone wants coloured tyres they are more inclined to want lots of chrome on their bikes or might be the ones, of a few yrs ago that went to dramatic means, to have the alloy frame polished yet now those are almost things of the past.

I remember as a rider & part owner of several m/c shops how I would complain to the reps from any of the Jpn m/c makers of how I hate the various coloured wheel rims & asked them to PLEASE send in black wheels. I guess it sunk in for in late 90s we noted most wheels were black & not with some paint finish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just can't figure out why someone would put full-colour tires on their ride. Seems a little over the top - and if a company is more concerned about what their tires look like than how they perform... Hmm. Raises questions.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
coloring threads ???

JBaz said:
Those are actually poor compositions. I'd whack their photographer and art director. And this thread is about coloring threads and not colored tires.
OK,I know I live in the back woods, but we throw out tires away long before the threads show.
Does the thread coloring help the bald tire hook up?
I would rather run Gay A$$ colored recap tires than risk a blow out of a colored baldy.
But last I checked they dont make them in Ducati red.

I like pics, so I submitt for your enjoyment. My front tire!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts