Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of threads about theft prevention and how it's pretty much inpossible. So my question is what are the most "wanted" bikes out there. I am going to get a ninja or somthing for my first bike, there are a lot of them a round so are they at more of a risk for being stolen than say a GXSR.

the reason i ask is i'll be moving to a not great neighborhood for 4 months this summer and i really don't feel like buyin a bike and haveing it stolen in the same day.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I would say find a safe place to store it while you're in the bad neighborhood. You'll have to drive to it to ride, but that is better than sitting on the porch reminiscing about the bike you had.

Better yet, wait the 4 months out and buy it once you return to civilization. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
spicersh said:
I would say find a safe place to store it while you're in the bad neighborhood. You'll have to drive to it to ride, but that is better than sitting on the porch reminiscing about the bike you had.

Better yet, wait the 4 months out and buy it once you return to civilization. :thumb:
Great ideas!!

Believe me, if a theif reall wants your bike they will get it.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Unfortunately this bit of you line reading "--I am going to get a ninja or somthing --" leave me wondering if the "ninja" bit is a 500cc vertical twin or something larger.

If the 500 then probably not the demand for it compare to a hot trotting new 600 or 1000.

Mind you I do prefer a garage that can be properly locked up. Even the most costly alarm system is not going to stop 2 or 3 guys from grabbing a costly bike, tossing it in a van/truck & driving off with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts