·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is jetting your carbs? sorry:squid:

·
Registered
128 Posts
It sounds like it's a complicated procedure. The fact is that all you are really doing is moving a clip.

For simplistic reasons we are going to take this approach from a 2 stroke dirt bike. First you unscrew off the top of the carb where the throttle cable goes in. you pull out the slide and on the bottom is a needle w/an 8mm bolt. undo the bolt and disconnect the throttle cable from the needle. the needle will have a clip on it in it's designated slot.

now depending on which way you need to adjust (usually after putting a new pipe on this needs to be done) either rich or lean. take needle nosed pliars and move the clip and follow the instructions in reverse.

I have never done this on a street bike but have jetted many dirt bikes. it usually takes about 10 min. or so. and you shouldn't foul anymore plugs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have a question about jetting, i read that you need a dyno to jet the carbs "properly" is this true? I really need to get my carbs jetted but want to know if this is important enough to find a shop with a dyno to do it right.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts