Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a better looking way to hold the license plate on the 08' CBR 600rr. I want to have the plate in towards that bike so it's not sticking out so far. My question is, is there a lot of work to be done with them? Do I need to drill holes or cut wires etc? I'm a little hesitant because I read the third review on this eliminator and it said he needed to cut wires to install it. I'm no mechanic so I'm not sure I want to go around cutting wires and drilling holes on my new bike. Also, would I be able to put a slip on exhaust later on without interference? This is the eliminator I'm looking at:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Competition_Werkes_Fender_Eliminator_Kit_Honda_CBR600RR--601365.html

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Fender eliminators, and they often attendant unified taillights, are best researched using bike-specific forums. In this case your best bet is 600rr.net (link at the bottom of this page entitled, "Honda 600RR"), which is a sister forum but one that's always been a leader among 600rr-specific riders.

In a general sense, Werkes has gotten pretty good reviews from my readings.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Most of the time you have to splice some wiring, and drill some holes. Its not really a big deal, and if you aren't afraid of it, you can make your own fender eliminator by just rearranging the stock parts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Friends,

Fender Eliminator kits are sleek stylish license plate holders that removes much of the ugly plastic rear fender / license plate holder on stock bikes. Both the LighTech fender eliminators kits and Mad Doctors fender eliminator kits come with optional LED brake lights and turn signals, whereas the Competition Werkes is a simpler license plate bracket only. Regardless of which one you choose they all look way nicer than the stock plastic pieces.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts