Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I was imagining things when I woke up to a tremor this morning. But I just saw where Salem, Il got hit with a 5.4 earthquake and some people in my area reported feeling it too. First time I've ever actually noticed one.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
And here I thought it was just me rocking spicerke's world and making the earth move. :(

Then the dog sighed at me. Apparently she wasn't impressed (either).

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
And here I thought it was just me rocking spicerke's world and making the earth move. :(

I thought my wife's boyfriend had shown up early. Guess not. We got an aftershock this morning as well, around 10:30-11 EDT.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Wait... you went after the dog, too? :huh:

I remember an earthquake hitting the New England area when I was like 18. Woke me out of a sound sleep at 6AM. Shortly after that, I got a call from my grandparents about a mile down the road. Then my aunt and uncle who lived about half a mile past that. Within 20 minutes, my moms whole family (Who all lived within 5 miles of us, and is a BIG family) had called to see if I had felt it, too. Umm.. No? Maybe the earthquake was just under YOUR house.

God, I hate my moms family.

/rant

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I've never been in any kind of quake. Anyone ever been in a big one, or one that did some damage?

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I've never been in any kind of quake. Anyone ever been in a big one, or one that did some damage?
Loma Prieta in 1989, and I remember a fairly large one in the early 80's as well.

The one this past Friday was interesting, to say the least. It has been interesting to hear the reactions.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Based on talking to people, a 5.4 earthquake in the San Francisco area might make you hit the snooze on your alarm, while the same thing in Indiana seems to mean Armageddon has begun.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on talking to people, a 5.4 earthquake in the San Francisco area might make you hit the snooze on your alarm, while the same thing in Indiana seems to mean Armageddon has begun.
Yeah, but I'd like to see what San Francisco would do if they got hit by 8" of snow.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I remember hearing about them shutting down whole freeways because a simple dusting caused tons of accidents. I also remember people wearing full-on arctic gear on days where I wasn't sure if shorts were appropriate. It's all in what you grow up with. Being from the midwest I'd take a tornado over an earthquake anyday. You generally know when a tornado is coming, and unless it forms over your house you have time to get somewhere safe. You can't run from an earthquake. My wife, having grown up in the SF area, was just the opposite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts