Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it must be said Qatar has to be one of the most boring tracks around, you can hardly tell one corner from another.

The race was pretty crap too. Just llok at last years and you'll know what i mean.

How much power does that bloody Duc have eh! Gotta give it to stoner for stayin with it. Even when Rossi was on his case. Top ride by the lad. I was surprised Pedro didn't have a nibble at Rossi. Shows how good the Yam is this year.

Watchin Rossi feather the front into turn 1 was somethin else.

As for haydon well................ Looks like sonebody has been upsizin a few too many KFC meals. Was he strugglin or what. Based on that perfromance he'll be lucky to see the podium this year. Might just be the wake up call he needs but theres a lot to do. A second a lap is a lot of time to find.

Based on the performance of the guys looks like rossi will walk it at Circuits without long straights. This could be Rossi's Dohan year where he just F's off into the distance every race.
Not good for us armchair generals :crying:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Poofter Edwards

Whats up with Colin Edwards then .... rides like a legend when nobody is watching but can't seem to hold it together in front of the studio audience.

Mighty impressive debut ride for Stoner, but I reckon that there's life and a bit of go in old Loris still and the season has a long long way to run.

My money's on Valentino for the Championship.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Qatar-Crater

Not a very interesting place whatever way you look at it.

First few laps were cracking but once it settled down it was a two horse race. The speed of the Duc down the straight was amazing but also amazing to see how much Rossi could make up on the brakes. I doubt that the results will mean much once they get to Europe so Im still on the fence:squid:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I might be just a little biased here :eek: :eek: but what a win by the Ozzie!! Great to see Stoner go head to head with the #1 rider and stick it to him :D AND I think the Duke held it's own on the turns esp. considering it was Stoner's first event, I guess we'll all know after the next round...

Otherwise agree, that dust bowl should be plowed over, possibly the years most boring circuit.

Other notes:
- Hayden is rubbish
- Edwards is slow again
- and Mr Honda has some serious work to do

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why stop there

Gixxer_Dave said:

Otherwise agree, that dust bowl should be plowed over, possibly the years most boring circuit.

Why stop at the circuit, its the most interesting place in the country! Qatar is competing with Malaysia for the most promoted country on telly now but unlike Malaysia there is fark all there unless your a JCB spotter:twofinger

You should have seen the postcard BP sent his Mum from there :rolleyes: So lacking in places of interest they had a postcard with a picture of an operating theater whith a geezer under the knife on it

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Why stop there

Tug said:
..... but unlike Malaysia there is fark all there unless your a JCB spotter
Err ... WTF is in malaysia. No wonder everyone is crazy for 'makan' .. it's the only bloody thing to do... unless you enjoy staring at philipino chicks, or large buildings that look like pricks ;-)

Have to agree with your points Aussie ... and I am well proud of the restraint you have shown, given that one of your own won, and your 'kind' are notourious for over the top 'we are the best in the world' celebrations in such circumstrances :)

It's bloody brilliant actually but you can't quote me on that. So now we have Rossi, Stoner, Capirrosi, Pedrosa plus at least 3 more that have a real chance of taking the No.1 spot in a race .. cool !!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
And if stoner wins then we will be able to understand what he is saying in the after race interview ... unlike the Italian/ Spanish contingent ...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The really interesting thing is Stoner's story. It's so different to the common path taken by Corser, Bayliss, Doohan, Gardner etc...

He did start out with dirt track (that bit's the same) then converted to tar (at the ripe old age of 15) and only did one year in the Oz 250 production championship (which he won!!).

Unlike all the others, his family then financed his move straight to UK & Europe 125's for a season.

The following year, he had a 250 GP seat!!! Talk about a meteoric rise!!

So the thing is, he really isn't that well known in road racing circles down here :D

He is still only 21, so just imagine what sort of career he could have!!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Gixxer_Dave said:
Bike looks good too....
So true mate! .. bike looks tops, and at 21 sitting on one of the best machines in the paddock (and arguably best looking) the future is looking very bright indead.

Interesting to hear about his background. All I can recall is seeing him on the KTM and doing very well on it considering his 'limited' time in GP's .... and now look at him.

Are we about to witness the change in the tide once again from the European champs to the good old days of America vs Australia .... watch this space ...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yamaha own goal

What was J Burgess thinking? :rolleyes: The difference in power was huge. And I don't believe it's desmo valves coming good after 111 years (patented in 1896 acc to Wikipee). It'll be different in Jerez, they'll turn up the limiters and brim the tank even more.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gixxer_Dave said:
I might be just a little biased here :eek: :eek: but what a win by the Ozzie!! Great to see Stoner go head to head with the #1 rider and stick it to him :D AND I think the Duke held it's own on the turns esp. considering it was Stoner's first event, I guess we'll all know after the next round...

Other notes:
- Hayden is rubbish
- Edwards is slow again
- and Mr Honda has some serious work to do
Just cant leave it can ya GD :D So if Haydon is so rubbish why does he have the #1 on the fairing then. Despite being knocked off by his team mate in the crucial last but one round last year. It's cos he was consistent. No world champion has EVER won by luck. Just live with the fact yer italian gay pizza boy got whooped.
Move on wil ya

This year may be a different story and with the yam being faster than the Honda ( a first i believe) theres a lot to do.

What the hell happend to Edwards. Same as last year where he won the pre season test event ( a BMW roadster) and then did fak all in the race. :crying:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Southern hemisphere blindness

You two are frigging blind, the Duc is the pig of the paddoc. It looks like it should be sponsored by Tupperware:barf:

The Yam isnt exactly a stunner and the new paint doent help, The Suzuki is a bit of a garden shed special, The Ilmor could be attractive if they wernt sponsored by Osssama Binladen (invisible man) The Honda is spoiled by the tail so the Kwaker is the best looking bike in GP today :twofinger

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Your joking, that thing looks just like the 1998 ZX9.... they've even run out of proper Kwacker green - all that thing needs is a few neon lights to match the metalic paint :D

Come on BP, the guy won 3 races all year and was handed the title after Rossi was paid to ditch it late in the race... he's a has been, he'll do well to get a podium this year ;) ;)

The Duke's been the fastest thing in a straight line for 3 years now - I say nothin' new there.... :thumb:3

I never thought I'd say it, but your the only one on here making any sense Ledge :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Gixxer_Dave said:
....I never thought I'd say it, but your the only one on here making any sense Ledge :cool: :cool:
Hahaha. Don't worry mate, it;s just a phase I'm going through ;-)

This is a great thread .. where to begin.

Tug, the kwak is shite but I forgive you. I expect you wrote all that while drinking your sorrows away now that you are back in the 'Land of the Lost' i.e Chinka. The Duke is tops.

BP ... you are still in denial but you have taken another crucial step to being cured. While not quite at the stage of accepting you have a problem, you at least recognise there is one and are twisting logic to blame everyone else.

"No world champion has EVER won by luck"... err, K Roberts Jr was lucky that the whole GP500 field was shite, he had the best bike, and Dohan was out due to injury.

The guy is a top ride, no doubt. Better than the Legend arffarff, but is he really the best? Should he really have that No.1 plate. Does he have the worst return at the bookies, and why did he perform so poorly during the year (only 3 wins) and was a no show in Qatar?

Now these are hard questions for a love struck fan. It will not be enjoyable for you to try and answer these questions. You will need a support group to get you through this. We are here for you big fella :p :p :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Two other lucky world champs:

Criville on the Honda in '99 and Hodgson in the Supers in '03.

I think an intervention might be needed, remember we're on your side :cool: :cool: You can get through these troubled times...

and more importantly, how do we rate Mrs Stoner???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Latest Update:

BP is in therapy after an intervention arranged by Boycie.

GD, Tug, BC and Chumstar all turned up and gave it to the big guy straight. They explained that if he did not choose to accept treatment for his illogical love of Hayden then they would have to ask him to no longer hang out in the SBR forum, give up his Sky subscription and no longer be their mate.

To which he told them all to ferk off as it would save him a fortune to be done with em all anyway...

However, his little mrs politely explained she was part of the intervention, and was not longer prepared to listen to him whisper 'Nicky ... oh Nicky ...' during the early hours of each morning. It had to stop. He needed help.

So then ... I expect the big guy will be offline for a few weeks. He could use all the support he can get so send him an email:

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's alive n well n workin like a dray horse. Bump into him on the net quite often in Rainbow 6 ( shootin game) . Ill take a screen shot soon for you. He looks like a cross between action man and an SS storm trooper.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts