Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh yah dude. sumtimes when u go a curve too often....u just wanna try goin thru it faster than before.
one thing about pushing hard...is you could push too hard :eek:
ride safe, and remember....the street is NOT a track

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, i think of it this way...

Why tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death?

I know I will get flamed for it, but it's ok. I ride fast. I don't stunt, but I do take corners hard (as hard as my skill allows) and I constantly learn new things that make me a smoother, faster rider.

It's fun, and I know that eventually something is bound to happen. After all, there are two kinds of riders, those who have wrecked, and those that will.

James

(BTW, I am one of those who HAVE)

·
Registered
312 Posts
TheFitzVH said:
After all, there are two kinds of riders, those who have wrecked, and those that will.
What an overabused cliche. Do you people REALLY think EVERY rider EVER has crashed? There are probably hundreds of thousads of riders over the years who have never crashed in the careers, both sportbike riders and cruiser riders. To assume you're going to crash allows for a self fulfilling prophecy to happen. I for one do not think I will ever crash...that's just my mindset. (shrug)

·
Registered
292 Posts
The correct mindset is that you could very well crash and you could get killed on your next outing. This attitude keeps me on my toes, as it reminds me that I'm not invincible, and it doesn't guarantee I'll go down. I guess I try to remind myself that, by and large, I'm in control of myself and the situations I expose myself to but...shit happens also. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts