Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone asked a similar question before but there was only one reply, so I started a whole new thread.

I'm looking at buying my gear for my bike, and was wondering if I buy a jacket, should I also buy chest and back protection? I know most jackets come with arm protection and a little bit of back as well. I know there's never too much protection, but I'm looking to be an easy rider... for the most part. my basic understanding is riding shoes, helment (do I even have to mention that one?), gloves, denim or leather pants, and a jacket. but is the jacket alone enough, or would you recomend some extra under gear as well for chest and back? (and possible neck)

I was thinkin bout gettin a strap on chest and back guard to wear under my jacket.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
If you walk and trip, what do you do? Extend hands and feet. So from that experience, gloves and boots. Chest and back protectors do a huge amount, but layer your protection to your riding. I like a good reputable helmet, gloves, and boots, and go from there. On the track I choose much more gear, but that's me.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I prefer to wear a full leather suit on the street, along with back protector. But I've not been sold on the value of the chest protector. Not having worn one, it would seem to get in the way and just drains money from other purposes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wear an Icon Overlord jacket that has the optional Stryker back protector installed. It isn't as good as a full race back protector,but its a far cry from a foam pad in most jackets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts