Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

When I recently moved out here, the temperature was quite agreeable w/ me: around 70's with slight breezes. Unfortunately, today is becoming somewhat of a sun scorcher. I'm not sure how what the temperature in the Summer here is going to be like, but if it gets any hotter than today, I might have something to worry out. Currently, I have my bike out in an open parking lot. I bought a bike cover (a "Guardian Premium), but I'm not terribly convinced that this will protect it as much as if it was ideally in a garage away from the direct sunlight. Since, SoCal, from what I understand doesn't get much rain, I only have the hot Sun to contend with. Should I be concerned? How much of a difference will there be of having the bike stored in a garage vs. out in the open covered by a relatively decent bike cover? What sort of affect (if any) will I see on the bike (external & internal) w/o the benefit of a garage? I know I'm being a baby about this bike, but I love it too death and I want to protect it as much as I can. This is a keeper for life!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you don't have a lot of rain to contend with, and depending on the area you live in, I would almost be more worried about seeing the bike disintigrate into thin air over night, perhaps leaving only pieces of a chain or lock where the rest dissolved.

...though I hear rotwielers can somtimes prevent this, just watch for the yellow streaks on the rims.

·
Registered
231 Posts
*thought*

Clean it, wax it, use the cover - it will be fine
Garage is ideal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: *thought*

Honda919Rider said:
Clean it, wax it, use the cover - it will be fine
Garage is ideal

I agree with Honda919Rider completely. Try living in Arizona, the motorcycle covers here spontaneously combust. :eek:

roundel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts