Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today's my day off. And what a day it's gonna be! I'm finally going to go mano y mano with the filth that has accumulated on my bike. Two men enter, One leaves. :finger:

So my main question is:

How do I PROTECT my FLAT black paint scheme from the sun, corrosion, and the nasty beads of goo spewed from cars?

(Notice I said PROTECT... not CLEAN. Two seperate issues)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back to Black

Well, in case anyone else w/ flat colors is interested:

I found this stuff called "Back to Black" at Pep Boys. It worked really well. I noticed that if I left it on too long, it streaked. Nontheless, made the paint look ultra wet/shiny.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe not...

Well, after months of using this stuff, I noticed it looks wet all the time - even leaves the swirl marks from application - even comes off on my jeans - even comes off instantly when brushed with clothing - even traps debris to the paint. Now I just use Armoral. Keeps it looks clean with a slight lustre.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shiney side up...

Yep. It seems to do the trick (the "trick" being a shine on the flat paint). I apply it after washing and cleaning the bike. I apply it to a soft cloth and wipe it in one direction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just use the honda polish. its not perfect for flat paint but it does leave a nice coat that lets you clean it easier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts