Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm looking for some clear tank gaurd... however, after looking at some stuff, I've concluded that the clear stuff is just thick vinyl withan adhesive backing.

so... think a bit... u know those PDS screen protectors? well I came accross an article that shows how to use CHEAP vinyl craft sheets to make the screen protectors.

I figure, if it'll stick to a pda screen, it shoud stick to our smooth tanks as well!!

so tomorrow I'm going to head to my local wallmart, buy myself a nice LARGE piece of this stuff for $1, and try it out.

ALSO

I just got burned by the exhaust pipe while pushing my bike forwardslightly in a flat... my calf hurts now... so I was thinking, "why not put a gaurd around the pipe right b4 the rear can?"

that would certainly prevent burns right??

so I think Ill try that out. gonna go get some copper piping and fastion a gaurd, if all goes well, maybe I'll make a carbon fiber one. =)

does anyone make something like this???

·
Registered
354 Posts
probably not but if you do and you patent it, think about all the happy cutomers you would get. You might be able to start a business out of it. Just think, Carbon fiber muffler guards, for people who can't stop burning their calves(j/k). But seriously if you made a couple and it worked on your bike, I might pay you to make me one when I get my bike. Take some pics when your done with it and show us how it works out for ya.

·
Registered
13 Posts

so I think Ill try that out. gonna go get some copper piping and fastion a gaurd, if all goes well, maybe I'll make a carbon fiber one. =)

does anyone make something like this???
Go for it.. Thats how it started with me and the BugVisors... see a need and make something that works.

You never know you might make several hundred million or then again maybe zip!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be sure to post up pics when I get to done.

It'll be in the New Rider and Kawasaki forum... =)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why not just push it from the other side? I doubt that I could even push it from the right hand side if I tried because I always push it on the kickstand side. It just makes more sense to me; but if it were a race bike then who knows....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I make so many typos...

I meant PDA screen protector.. anyways...

I know the tank thing is all over the place, but it's so expensive. Cling vinyl is so cheap, and if it ever gets messed up, just throw it away and stick on a new set.

and taking it off would be much easier since it doesn't use adhesive.

as for the exhaust gaurd... I meant pushing the bike while sitting on the bike. I use my bike for commuting so I'm not in full gear nor do I have money for full gear. I just wear my jacket, helmet, gloves, and long pants.

I find it a bit awkward to push and pull the bike while off the bike cuz I'm not used to lugging around 400 lbs on 2 wheels... so I usually sit on my bike to back it out of a parking space, or something like that.

Anyways, I'm come up with a nice design using aluminum, gonna put it on to see how it'll function/look, then I'll make a fiberglass one... and if it works well, I'm gonna make a carbon one for myself.

I'll pst pics when I'm done. If some ppl like it, I could sell it... but I don't know if I'll have time to make more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts