Sportbike World banner

Project TALON

871 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Pete 
G
#1 ·
With all the talk about organized rides for the Labor Day weekend, I thought I'd give fair warning with an excerpt from a post I saw on a mailing list:

<Labor Day weekend will kick off the TALON zero tolerance project. All
law enforcement agencies will (supposedly) observe a zero tolerance
policy for violations of moving and non-moving traffic offenses,
including citations for any exhibition of road rage. The project is
dubbed "TALON" after the states in which it will be carried out:
Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Simply, Texas
and the four states bordering Texas.>

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

#3 ·
We are going to have some fun :D with those DPS troopers. Here's what we do, we all wear black and we paint our bikes red and then when they pull us over for anything we just say "It wasn't me officer."
It sounds like those of us with radar deectors will get some major testing done on who has the best detector :cool:

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

#4 ·
Interesting. I noticed alot of Troopers out on I-40 during my out of town travels this last week in Tennessee. When I got back in town I was told that the Governor put out a directive telling the State Troopers that he is tired of the deaths on Tenn. highways and that the Troopers are not to leave the freeways unless specifically called off. I think it is actually for the revenue. The Gov is pissed because we the citizens said NO to his proposal of starting and Income Tax. That Bastard. He's a lame duck so why should he care. :confused:

I don't think that many of us ride the Interstates but if you are traveling in Tenn. be careful because the usually leaniant Troopers have their orders. :mad:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

#5 ·
Pete, I was all ready to read about your new slip-on coffee can exhaust and wheels that stick out a foot on your Eagle Talon :( :D :D

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

G
#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Pete, I was all ready to read about your new slip-on coffee can exhaust and wheels that stick out a foot on your Eagle Talon :( :D :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"New"? Nah, that work is already done, along with the neon lites. Does anyone have any advice regarding sewing Type R stickers into fur? Or should I just have a seamstress embroider the logo? :D

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.