Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m relatively new to stunting. I’ve been riding for about 12 years and all of my buddies were either into it or really against it. I always fell into the opinion that I don’t care about it; I’d rather spend time in the twistys or at the track. Well, last summer while testing out my buddies new (new to him) 996 I powered the front up and LOVED IT! I ride a 600 so the idea of throttling up a wheelie isn’t really there. Needless to say I got hooked. I got my sit down wheelies in 1st and 2nd but what would be best for me to go into next? Should I work stand ups or stoppies? What is the general opinion…? Also, I’m new to the forum and there’s some great stuff on here!

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
675 Posts
This site may not be where you will find what your asking for.

Check stuntlife.com

You should have the ability to get you are looking for there.

Be safe.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Personally I find stoppies to be easier than stand ups. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
489 Posts
it all depends on which one you'd rather learn first. Neither will effect the other. I love stoppies. They're addicting and one of the most awesome looking stunts there is. Honestly I'd learn both at the same time. In my experience, if you try to learn one trick, for an extended amount of time, you end up losing your skills in the other. So, warm up with your sit downs, try a stoppie, or 5, then try a standup or two, then do a sitdown, then a stoppie... this way you get more than one trick on lock at a time and your back of tricks grows faster and is more solid. Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree work on both, they are totally different but both crucial to moving forward with stunting, and they are both a ton of fun. people take to them differently so its hard to say which is harder, or what you should do first. I started trying stoppies at the same time I started trying sitdowns, as well as rolling burnouts. It keeps it fun when you change it up. Good luck, wear your gear, and if youre not willing to drop youre bike, stop now!! Stoppies are a never ending progression so chances are youll move from sitdowns to standups to spreaders, etc, and youll still be trying to get some more distance on your stoppies in between learning new variations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
BTW has anyone been able to get on stuntlife the past couple of days, its telling me the server is down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
jab said:
BTW has anyone been able to get on stuntlife the past couple of days, its telling me the server is down.
When I frequented stuntlife, it was a never nding problem. Sometimes days a t a time. I haven't been on there in a while. The topics just got so damn repetitive and the drama was rediculous. "Whats the best stunt bike, whats the best cage, how do I wheelie, can't get it up" blah blah blah... same shit every day. Maybe I'll stop in again sometime and see if it's still as gay as before. Only time I go anymre is to see if there's a wadded up bike on there for cheap.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
RoadStainR6 said:
. Only time I go anymre is to see if there's a wadded up bike on there for cheap.
hmmmm... Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah it is a common prob, usually not this long though. I like stuntlife, you do have to weed through alot of bs, but there is some good info as well. The post do get repetitive, but that doesnt annoy me as much as all the flaming for valid questions, def to much internet ego floating around, but the fact that you can chit chat with the top stunters in the nation is cool, especially if you live in the boonies and have no others connection to other stunters, and want to keep up to date.

·
Registered
489 Posts
jab said:
... the fact that you can chit chat with the top stunters in the nation is cool, especially if you live in the boonies and have no others connection to other stunters, and want to keep up to date.
Thats very true. Name any other sport where you can hop online and talk to your idol. There is some good stuff, it's true. But the drama was just gettin rediculous. Is good ol FHL still there gettin his ass flamed to hell by doodle and those folks?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah the drama is ridiculous, I just dont post on the drama threads. It seems to have toned down a bit, I havent seen any threats or fights scheduled recently. Middleschooler was right in the middle of it with them for a while, then he posted some vids and they piped down a bit. It was entertaining at times, reminded me of being on the bus after school, just goin at each other. And yeah, havin Darius and Teach givin you pointers doesnt hurt!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
we should mark as a sticky somewhere.... you know this spring every new squid will be hitting every board around asking the same thing....

how do I wheelie my new bike? :confused:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I was thinking the same thing....

And we wont have roadstain teaching classes this spring...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice find. Good info. The best video I've seen/own is the level x "wheelies for dummies". Made by kyle woods. The king of stunting. But this is pretty diecent as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am most likely going to save up some money $$$$$$$ this summer and get me a stuntbike. I can't wait. I just bought a new car and dumped some money into it to make it faster, but the idea of a stuntbike hasn't left my mind.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
jab said:
From an email...
Hello StuntLife Member...

We are proud to let everyone know that stuntlife is back up and running, there was a few days of downtime due to personal reasons and we appologize for that.

We have upgraded all the site software for better functionality, to help the on both sides, for users and administrators.

There has also been a lot of complaining about the amount of time alloted for users to edit posts, this time limit has been increased to 1 hour after the post has been pulished.

There will also be some new rules for everyone to follow, swearing will be kept under control, bashing & nudity, due to members that view the site from public places or when there child may be sitting on their lap.

There are a lot of new features, mainly for the administrative side, but also for the user, one is the "new posts" link at top, you now get the option to search if no new posts have been published since your last visit within the last 24 hrs.

There is also a lot of coding changes going on, these will be minimal, but they will be for the good of the site, speed, server load etc, ie.. memberlist is disabled, birthdays no longer show, these improvements help the site in many ways, they are not done to disgruntal the forum member, but to better the site. The site has 150,000 threads and over 1.8 million posts, this can create a big slow down in the publishing of the site in your browser, so please if you want to express your feelings on something, please do so in the website suggestion area and in a polite way.

StuntLife Staff
-=bmacd=-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts