Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, new to the board, no bike yet... but hopefully next summer. I figured as long as i lurk around the board gathering what info i can, i'll also lend my advice, and since i don't have a bike yet, i'll help where i know what i'm talking about. I've been doing professional detailing (cars mostly) for some time, and have learned a ton. Bikes are a little different, but i'll do what i can to be a help here. I've used/tried just about every product out there, and if i haven't i know someone who has. So if you see something and have questions about it feel free to ask. Also just curious... if someone where to describe what the bulk of people here do to 'detail' their bikes... would the answer be.... zaino, klasse, meguiars cleanerwax, or automatic carwash? Thanks... looking forward to helping.

·
Registered
227 Posts
DR JONES,

How u feelin,, dayumm sorry to hear about the bike thing, but i will keep you in my prayers that the fairy bike mother will drop a nice bike under your pillow:D

Fyi, my wheels are polished, so i use mothers to clean em up,,for the bike itself, i wash it w/ Honda-brite..Its a cycle cleaner/degreaser..Then freshin her up w/ a meguiars glaze...Have got good results w/ these combos so far.

Any feedback on products to make her glow better ,, holla @ me, thanxx;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the site! :twofinger I'm sure you will be asked about a million questions in here, but don't be afraid to ask any you might have. Also look through past topics, as many of the questions you may have, have probably been answered. This sight is truely usefull!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the body of the bike it's best to use something that is strong and lasts... this gives better protection and it will last longer. Makes it easier to keep it clean once you do it good once. I'll write up a good article on this subject and post it here. Also for anyone looking for suplies check out www.properautocare.com. They have just about every product you can buy (everyone worth buying at least) and the site also has a good source of info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow someone here who knows what Zaino is. That is all i use on my vette, and thats all the bike is getting also. It really works great and is non abrasive but you probably already know all about it. I gotta get some pics up of how good my 2002 Corvette Z06 looks with this stuff on it. Zaino is the stuff to use.:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Detailing

what products do you all use to wash your rides with? since i'm in the northeast area (pittsburgh) i have alot bugs, tar and and everything else that can possibly stick to the bike.

i been using your typical car washing products but for some reason, i can't get the bike to look as good as the dealers bikes, or when they wash my bike after a repair serive.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
When I give the ride a bath, I use S100 and for basic wipe downs I use Plexus. I have seen the dealers use Plexus on the bikes at the shop. I like using the S100, because it does not leave spots on the bike and it is not too expensive either. I use mothers on the wheel and the pipe, but I think it is a little abrasive and I am currently looking into something else for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
When I give the ride a bath, I use S100 and for basic wipe downs I use Plexus. I have seen the dealers use Plexus on the bikes at the shop. I like using the S100, because it does not leave spots on the bike and it is not too expensive either. I use mothers on the wheel and the pipe, but I think it is a little abrasive and I am currently looking into something else for that.
Try this link: http://www.shinybike.com

Outlaw

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
They say armor all can revitalize weather beaten tires.......are they fricken crazy, using armor all on a bike tire.... how do you like these products???? Any pics?

·
Registered
511 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
Angel, i bought some of the S100 last night and the stuff is awesome.

Peace
Jeremy

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ruff-rida said:
DR JONES,

How u feelin,, dayumm sorry to hear about the bike thing, but i will keep you in my prayers that the fairy bike mother will drop a nice bike under your pillow:D

Fyi, my wheels are polished, so i use mothers to clean em up,,for the bike itself, i wash it w/ Honda-brite..Its a cycle cleaner/degreaser..Then freshin her up w/ a meguiars glaze...Have got good results w/ these combos so far.

Any feedback on products to make her glow better ,, holla @ me, thanxx;)
I'd be careful with that honda-brite. Excellent product, cleans in mere seconds, but when you're expensive pretty leathers are dowsed with it for like a week while you are trucking your bike to canada and back to race, look what it can do :(

----my own STUPID fault-------

·
Registered
458 Posts
there is no such thing as a stupid question...

S100... who makes it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fairing scratches

I have some sctraches on my upper fairing. The fairing is black. How can I hide the scratchs or remove them or even cover them?????????????????????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dr. Jones....

I seem to get different answers from every detail shop I go to, so maybe you can help me out here.. I have a 1997 Mustang GT (Red) that seems to have some sun bleaching on the hood and roof areas. It's not too bad, just noticible when you compare it to less sun subjected portions of the car. Any suggestions on how to revive the true color? Is it even possible? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
163 Posts
S100 , I have tried others, from the auto store, they just cant compare to S100 - this stuff is frigg'n amazing!:drool:

I use it on my bike(paint) and helmet(paint)

I use Plexus on my screen and shield! this stuff also is the best! for plexy glass. and , yep Mothers for the polished parts on the bike -lips(rims), gas cap, bar ends.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Dr. Jones....

1WICKD6 said:
I seem to get different answers from every detail shop I go to, so maybe you can help me out here.. I have a 1997 Mustang GT (Red) that seems to have some sun bleaching on the hood and roof areas. It's not too bad, just noticible when you compare it to less sun subjected portions of the car. Any suggestions on how to revive the true color? Is it even possible? Thanks for your help!

I am also somewhat of a professional detailer,and IMO all you need to do is get someone who knows what they're doing to buff the hood with a good polish and you're good to go.I've seen alot of crazy things at the shop where I work,I'm sure Dr.Jones could say the same and it's amazing what a buffer can do for faded paint..Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Detailer here as well

Hello guys

1) 1WICKD6 -- I would use Pro Polish w/ Carnauba to rejuvenate your paint and get rid of the oxidation. You can top it off with your favorite wax or EX from the same company ... or just leave it at the PwC.

2) The S100 and P21S series are some of the best product made. Scored very high in all tests. If you like it, stay with it :) I had to find product that was easy to use and produced killer shines. Being a detailer, as the other 2 guys know, you are always trying stuff out. From there you try and pass along your info to help others. One thing I have learned is that what is good for me is not always good for the next. You have to ask yourself what you are looking for in the product ... do you want soemthing easy? Do you want the wet look ... bling bling look? You get the picture :) I wanted something I could use no matter where I was at. Something I could use in the sun if needed.

3) Washing -- I use something called Spray & Wipe which is a waterless wash / quick detailer. Basically, just a stronger version of a QD. You can mix it with water to get a QD though :)

Anyway, Im always around so I would like to help out the 2 other guys if I can.

Cujo

·
Registered
4 Posts
detailer in vancouver canada here

the best polish is wikied metal polish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
made in calli usa!! I'm on vaction in china I will post the web addy when I go home

and I'm going to buy a new bike suzuki gsxr can you guy's tell me some thing's about :2cents:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts