Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a little overdone, but I need help with wheelies. I have been doing what people say, however, no luck. I have a stock F4i and I was practicing my wheelies, but I could only get the front up about an inch. I am snapping the throttle at 7000 and leaning back and nothing works.:( Can I pop it up with a stock 600? Thanks for all your inputs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
a stock F4i is plenty to do wheelies.......what gear are you snapping it in? try to snap off and lean forward then as soon as you snap back then pull back. I hate to suggest this, because how easy it is to loop one in first and second but I actually learned how to wheelie on an F3 by gassing it and clutching it up. If you try this, just be careful. Start releasing the clutch slowly and work up to harder, cause if you just dump the clutch while on the throttle you will loop it............good luck and be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Make sure your elbows stay somewhat bent. If you lock your elbows your arms will hold the bike down. It sounds stupid but on 600's it's actualy a big factor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
First off drink two beers as fast as you can...ok, now rev the damn bike like it was meant to be @ about 8K-9K RPM's while going about 25MPH in first gear then dump the clutch and pull back on the throttle at the same time...next hold on!
I doubt you'll loop it because you'll be too scared to rev it that high at first, or you won't hit the throttle at the same time, so it'll only come up a foot or so until you grow some balls...that's where the beers come into play ( helps grow balls )! It has a lot to do with timing. Then once you do get it up high enough to actually be able to call it a wheelie, you'll have to have good throttle controll to be able to keep it up, and then be able to shift into second for even longer wheelies! Takes lots of practice nobody just jumps on a bike and does wheelies thier first day.
Good luck:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
although i still can't pop a 2nd gear wheelie, i think it's easiest to learn and perfect your skill in first gear, desite it's danger. On my gsxr6, i'm doing around 48mph (~8k rpm) and i let off the throttle, then i rip on it, all within a matter of seconds. I pop instantly and can ride it for a couple hundred feet. After you master 1st gear wheelie, try for second...that's what i *was* working on before it snowed like a mother over here....

-=bmacd=-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
A 600 doesn't have the power to whoolie in any gear...you need at least a 750. You might be able to pop it up in first...but it won't stay....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Most 600's have plenty of wheelie potential. Rip it up in first, get it balanced then click second. I've even seen guys ride 1/4 mile wheelies on EX 500's and 250's. Power only helps get it up. Balance is what keeps it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
the wizz said:
A 600 doesn't have the power to whoolie in any gear...you need at least a 750. You might be able to pop it up in first...but it won't stay....
I beg to differ. I can bring it up in 3rd on a stand up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
600 can easily wheelie in 1st and 2nd, 3rd is tough. In 3rd you can't let the front drop or it becomes unrecoverable. None the less the can easily power up in 1st or 2nd.

Sit back on the seat as far as possible and find a small bump in the road somewhere to help you get the lift you need. Do a search on my username for wheelie help and you'll find all the info you need to lift that 6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
there is no way anyone is riding whoolies on a 600....they might be able to pop one, but thats about it....750 or bust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
.

actually i don't even think a 750 can do second gear wheelies maybe first gear wheelies if you dump the clutch hardcore!! i think you need a busa to wheelies, cuz even a 1k is still hard:twofinger :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
the wizz said:
there is no way anyone is riding whoolies on a 600....they might be able to pop one, but thats about it....750 or bust
Maybe you can't ride wheelies on your 600, but that does not mean someone else can't. No clutch here, bro!!! It is straight bounce and throttle:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
duessel said:
I beg to differ. I can bring it up in 3rd on a stand up.
how do you do that? Last summer I was riding out of town and a guy on a bike just like yours came up next to me and did a nice one. I was going about 70 and he was going a little faster....I was thinking....wtf?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
duessel said:
Maybe you can't ride wheelies on your 600, but that does not mean someone else can't. No clutch here, bro!!! It is straight bounce and throttle:thumb:
dude I was just messing with people....look at my photos...1st,2nd,3rd all come up on my 600. Sitdown, standup, on the tank, it doesn't matta. It's all in techinque:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
akcbr said:
how do you do that? Last summer I was riding out of town and a guy on a bike just like yours came up next to me and did a nice one. I was going about 70 and he was going a little faster....I was thinking....wtf?
Just like "the wizz" said.... it is all in the technique. Timing is a lot too. You have to have good timing with the compressing of the forks, and the ripping of the throttle. Once you get this down, nothing can stop you. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
the wizz said:
dude I was just messing with people....look at my photos...1st,2nd,3rd all come up on my 600. Sitdown, standup, on the tank, it doesn't matta. It's all in techinque:thumb:
That's cool. Thought you were serious for a minute. You are right it is all about technique.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
duessel said:
That's cool. Thought you were serious for a minute. You are right it is all about technique.
"Don't sweat the technique" hahaha
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top