Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just don't use ebay and the economy will equal out. As for me I like it, don't use it enough to care about return fees. Walmart is the real devil and I refuse to shop there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My impression is that people who are good at business and trading are at home on eBay. I'm not naturally good at trading so I feel uneasy on eBay or any trading/bidding sites. I like Craigs List since I can e-mail 1 on 1 with the seller and spin my BS.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
waaambulance
1. As a private company they can set/change the fee's all they want so long as they arent violating any contracts.
2. The "no more refunds" is not really a fee increase is it? Hell it might actually stabilize prices (in that oh so dynamic of a marketplace) which might just help consumers
3. If someone who makes their living on ebay only looses $40 /mo over this change, whats the big fucking deal?

The only valid point in the whole article as far as I'm concerned is that ebay's fee system is way to complex.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I personally like Ebay. I have used it to pad my pocket on many ocasions. I sold Xbox 360's on there when they first came out, no I didn't jack up the price much either. I made on average $40-60 dollars a unit. The real killer for selling stuff is Paypal in my opinion. They charged me $16 just to receive the payment from the customer. O well I still made money so I cant complain. But I agree with Vash that there is nothing wrong with ebay cept maby to complex with payscale. If you dont like it, dont use it.

Sepias

·
Registered
633 Posts
which might just help consumers

Sounds good to me.

I have used ebay for years now, buying and selling. If you find the 300 dollar boots you want for 100 dollars new in the box, who cares about the 3 or 4 dollars in fees they make you pay.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts