Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday I was rear ended while driving (not riding thank God!). Some stupid kid decided he wanted to be a racecar driver. He hit me while I was going 40-45mph changing lanes, from behind. I remember the kid coming out of nowhere, 2 seconds before that he wasn't anywhere near me, not even in my mirrors! I don't know the full story b/c the police report isn't finished but I do know that my car is totalled... we went to get the stuff out of it two days later and assess the damage... The bumper was in my trunk... and the wheels were touching the front of the wheel wells! From what Brad heard, the cops said he had to have hit me at, at least, 60mph. and I guess he had enough momentum to hit my car and continue skidding into the median to hit a sign and a bush.

So one concussion and several soft tissue/muscle injuries later... here I am... another six months of physical therapy and more shots! :mad:

Keep it real, keep it safe! Watch out for stupid teens who think they're in Fast and the Furious Part 4!

·
Registered
845 Posts
glad to hear that you're ok for the most part. sorry about your car and that you will miss out on riding for the rest of the season. I'm really glad that you were not on your bike when this ass hat hit you, that would not have been very good at all. get well and take care of yourself so you can get back out riding next season.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bummer! Hope you heal quick! Dumba$$ Kid. Not much we can do about this kind of $hit. Cell phones, drunks, LOLs, and kids.... Gotta watch out for em!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad to see you are here to write about it. My friend was hit by the same kind of driver as he sat at a stop light, 7yrs later, still in therapy. Lucky to be alive thought as they estimated the speed of the kid at 100mph plus!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sucks dude! I know the feeling, but I was actually on my bike when it happened!! Hit at 40mph by a taxi dodge MINIVAN!!! I wish I was in my car, but either way it sucks!!!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry.
Whats up with drivers around that area, dont they know thats not the way to hit on women?

Seriously, I hope you recover quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
At least you're safe, and as stated above, good thing you weren't on your bike. Get better soon.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
NOT good to hear, but no major injuries, like loosing a limb or internal injureis requiring surgery one or two times.

Still what was the stupid kid driving a ruddy tank, for that was a lot of damage & you were lucky MeiJin?

You are going to miss out on the rest of the Summer & the lovely Autumn weather-------that is a real loss.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh, No he was not driving a tank. :) He was driving an old Camaro. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Glad your injuries weren't more serious, though I'm sure they're more than serious enough from where you're sitting.... I hope Speedy has insurance.

Consider consulting with an attorney.

Do the still do Summerfest & the Brady street festival in Milwaukee?

Get better soon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
iam glad you are not permintly injured and i hope you have a speedy recovery, to bad you will miss out on riding this year but take care of your self , the bike will wait for you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Consider consulting with an attorney.
Apparently, I'm setting a record at my attorney's office. Because this is my 4 "major" accident since getting my license. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have never broken a bone or bleed to death. The MRI/Xray guy told me I should consider getting a pedal bike and giving up my license! :crying:

And to answer you're question, yes they do still have Summerfest and Riversplash! :D

I guess if I don't decide to sell this bike, I'll just start building a bubble around it. :p

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
MeiJin said:
Apparently, I'm setting a record at my attorney's office. Because this is my 4 "major" accident since getting my license. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have never broken a bone or bleed to death. The MRI/Xray guy told me I should consider getting a pedal bike and giving up my license! :crying:

And to answer you're question, yes they do still have Summerfest and Riversplash! :D

I guess if I don't decide to sell this bike, I'll just start building a bubble around it. :p

Just let me know if you ever come to Colorado. :twofinger I'll park it for awhile!

·
Registered
268 Posts
MeiJin said:
Apparently, I'm setting a record at my attorney's office. Because this is my 4 "major" accident since getting my license. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have never broken a bone or bleed to death. :p
Do you check your blind spot over your shoulder? I dont want to sound like the party pooper, but do you drive fast or especially risky?

I'm glad your ok, and keep drinking milk for those bones!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts