Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Priceless...

Alright, the bill is in for my crash and is no way close to what I presumed.

Side mirror: $18
Fix handlebars: Small Adjustment - Free
Shift Lever: $40
Bodywork: I might leave it, looks alright for now.

Learning from a mistake that could potentially kill you: Pric... $58.

:eek:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Aren`t ya glad ya didn`t buy a shiny plastic covered bike now? :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fu%$ yes. The difference between not really giving a sh$% about a few scratches, and replacing a GSX-R600 fairing is also priceless. Everyone loves their first bike anyways... like girls who can't forget their first... uh... yea.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
positive thinking Elvis. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My compliments on "Priceless" I have done the same to my '97 Yamaha YZF600r when I pranged in in June 6th. It is a constant reminder.

Sort of like an Accidentel Discharge of a pump 12 gauge shotgun. It was Autumn raining (some yrs ago when one had the right to use a firearm or even carry one out of one's home so that is back around mid-70s), I had been out checking on the bins of apples I had picked that day, being seven, & thought I heard sounds in that area. Now I would have emptied the tube outside, but these were old trap loads in paper caseings & if I lost one in the grass or downhill it would be wasted----true penny pinching farmer.

So there I am in my bedroom, button pressed & racking the shotgun only BOOM & then #8 shot rolling back towards me. The charge went through the comforter at the corner of the bed, through a light wool blanket, through a HBC wool blanket, the cotten sheet, the flannel sheet into the mattress to come out the side tearing away 15% of a maple bed leg & then hitting the plywood on the wall & with vinel floors that gave the shot the privilage to roll towards me due to angle of the floor.

Moved to another place & NOW the toren up bedleg is what see each time I am about to undress & get into bed or dress when I get out. Perfect reminder of my only AD!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AAahaahaha. It's $80 for the rapair, probably not much to paint. I like the scratches tho, it's a good "smitty reminder".

·
Registered
38 Posts
some history on a poster
Elvis
Riding since 8/12/03
posted:11-07-2003 12:42 PM
>>My release is riding faster than shit on the freeway, so bag on me too!<<

11-08-2003 11:13 PM
>>I'll be posting my first movie in a week or so, and I know I'll get flak for it... so, talk to you then.

11-09-2003 01:22 PM
>> Seriously tho, is riding semi-fast thru freeway traffic with 3 months experience a stunt? I don't know if you're gonna talk to me after I post my vid. I don't know if anyone will, but I'm still gonna post it

I would bet alot of us longtimers were wondering how long till you had a wreck, the writing was
"on the wall". It was just a matter of time, but from reading your post-
12-03-2003 12:53 PM
http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42007
< I learned something from an accident that I was not at fault for. Playing it cool and riding every day is the way to go for me. I love bikes too much to take another crapspill and wait another 4 weeks to ride. Screw that>

The reply from Smitty is pure gold-"I look at those doing stunts on the Public Roads & do shake my head wondering how long it will be before the light comes on."

You are so very lucking that your still here with just a few bumps/scrapes, many never get a second chance.I think you are finally seeing the light. Lets hope the memory stays with you for a long time, glad to see the change in your outlook. Be safe when you get in the saddle again.

peace to ya
:)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
chaos said:

Elvis
"My release is riding faster than shit on the freeway, so bag on me too!

I'll be posting my first movie in a week or so, and I know I'll get flak for it... so, talk to you then.

Seriously tho, is riding semi-fast thru freeway traffic with 3 months experience a stunt? I don't know if you're gonna talk to me after I post my vid. I don't know if anyone will, but I'm still gonna post it"

I would bet alot of us longtimers were wondering how long till you had a wreck, the writing was
"on the wall". It was just a matter of time
Nice history work you did there. After reading that I'd say elvis was lucky that the fire dept didn't have to spray him off the grill of a truck. That little month of posting would be a good sticky topic in the "New Riders" or "new members" forums too.;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
1. I was only making a point with the whole "bag on me session". Trying to back up someone that believed the same thing I did.

2. I wasn't on the freeway when I crashed, I was riding carefully and respectively on a canyon road.

3. If I were in a car, it would have been a head-on collision.

4. There was nothing I could do but jump off the bike, or turn right in a left hand curve... I took the latter of the 2.

5. Thanks alot for following everything I say. Kinda creepy.

6. :finger:

7. :twofinger

8. You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive, you're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You are the all-seeing all-dancing crap of the world.

Now a question of ettiquite, as I pass, do I give you the ass, or the crotch?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Very nice rebuttal:thumbs2:

However it is ironic that a "newbie", who said all the stuff that you did ended up crashing. Even though it wasn't in the same situations you say you enjoy riding fast on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
had been going thur some old (too much time :rolleyes: ) and noted the post(s), thinking to myself yep anyday now and behold it happened. Didn`t matter who was at fault , it was coming- I got a theory
that most riders will have a accident within
the first yr, just part of the learning curve.
The important thing is what they learn from it

What I did like was how your tune had changed for the better, and yes I sit here just waiting for you to post :D :D LOL

But maybe I was wrong? Only time will tell...

:2cents:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Hold on now. Elvis was darn straight to the rest of us. He could have simply said nothing about the accident as some do on different boards nor will they even admit to a prang on the bike.

His outlook on riding, I feel, has changed & in fact what he has done is sent out a warning to others what might happen.

I do not feel we should have him strung up on some cross for ever. Let others learn from this or wander off to something we remembered that happend to a rider on another board (I never mention their name or handle---just "a rider on another board"). I do not feel it would be correct to use some of his prior comments or things we might have said to him & put on a sticky.

Every once in a while I will come up with a comment on something STUPID I did as a young rider & that is up to me to put it on a post or not even mention it. So come on guys lay off Elvis as I prefer to have him on this board as a regular & as a friend.

I guess I could have put this down in a more sensibe manner, but I want to rush & halt any possibility of Elvis being degraded any farther then this & in FACT it is really to much. I can only hope that Elvis will continue to stay on this board as a regular & as another rider ------------ NO ONE IS PERFECT--we are all humans I do make our mistakes in life.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry if he took it that way but I was just showing his learning curve and it how changed due to his crash. I LIKED how his tune changed as it showed maturity and yes his priceless post was good.

As for being "degraded" that was not my intention, again just showing a learning curve and hopefully a new rider could learn from it and not have to go thur it themselves-- sorta like how as a teenager "we know it all" till something happens.

Again sorry if he took it wrong but I don`t feel I was trying mock him, just pointing out the obvious facts.

Every man/woman needs a serving of humble pie as it builds character and maturity.

<edited to add the "something happens" in my life was having my best friend die at 17, as we "knew it all" up till that day>

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, I am fine. I don't feel degraded, although you did try to hang me. I only hoped that you didn't take:

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive, you're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You are the all-seeing all-dancing crap of the world"...

as a threat, and could only hope you knew that was from Fight Club. Only because those were fighting words, and Tippman had a nice quote from FC as well. Glad we're cool, carry on.

I did change my way of thinking in a way, only to know now that there will always be a situation that you might not be aware of.

And, last but not least, AND I don't want to start anything here, but I was driving slower than usual, and would have been out of that turn before passing the bicycles if I had been riding my usual style. BUT if I had been riding faster, and been in my situation, I would be dead... so we could debate for hours... or we can just chill.

:D :cheers: :burnout:

Thanks Smitty, and I am keeping the scratches as a reminder.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Elvis said:
Haha, I am fine. I don't feel degraded, although you did try to hang me. I only hoped that you didn't take:

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive, you're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You are the all-seeing all-dancing crap of the world"...

as a threat, and could only hope you knew that was from Fight Club. Only because those were fighting words, and Tippman had a nice quote from FC as well. Glad we're cool, carry on.
Yeah i wasn't trying to cause any s*it. Just some friendly ribbing.;)
You are not special.
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts