Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of selling my bike to get a stunter, or a shitty bike I can turn into a stunter. How much do you guys think I can sell my bike for. Its a 1999 yzf600r i forget its milage, like 20-25k. The left side fairing has a light roadrashed from when I went down, and it has other misc scratches and stuff from me doing "my" mechanics :). Front tire is basically new, almost needs a new back tire. Has new chains and sprockets, however the front sprocket needs to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing, and the turn singals need to be fixed cause they dont work right, so I just disconnected them. I think I am gonna start at like 3500 and go down because my friend has quite a few buddies who are desperate to start riding and they will probably throw down some money pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
unless you had the r6, your not gonna get that high. I'd say 3000 would be a fair price maybe a little less since you need some stuff done to it for maintence. btw, that bike has enough power to do stunts on. As long as you get your balance down, you can stunt it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi slick1537-

So you're going to sell a seven-year-old bike with roadrash, broken turnsignals, a worn tire, and 25K on the odometer so you can purchase a shitty bike for stunting?

Why not make that your dedicated stunting bike since you know its history and concentrate your efforts on purchasing something newer that you can maintain in pristine condition as your regular ride?

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Probably because the 600R weighs a lot compared to the typical 600 and 1000 bikes. Though it can be used for stunting.

If you were in FL, and fix up those minor road rash (given no crack on the fairings), replace the indicators, I can see you get decent $3k for it. And I suppose less in NY.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 600 r weights a ton, the only cage I can find for it is a 905, and there are no 12 bars for it. My bike still looks great, but I kinda like the idea of having something that I can just beat the shit out of.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I don't know, 500 lb bike with the power of an old-generation 600 might not be fun at first to stunt on, it's like pulling a stoppie on a Busa. Of course it's do-able, but I guess he figures if you can get your hands on much lighter and easy going 600, why not go for it. Newer 600s also have the advantage of power wheelies, so don't always have to rely on clutch ups.

JBaz said:
is it the yzf 600r with the banana seat or an r6 blah blah blah. I always hated Yamaha and Kawasaki's labeling.
Banana seat, Smitty's ride.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Where do you pick up these wrecks? Website may be?

I want a big twin as my next bike, as long as it has a clean title, good frame and engine, and cheap price, I'll pick it up and fix it (minus the engine work). I have been checking cycle trader, and there's not much ads, I suppose everyone loves their twin or they're already in the scrap.

I am considering SV1000, TLS, TLR, VTR, and older Ducs and Aprilias.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
motorcycle buddies. I have friends who know friends who know someone who wrecked a bike and selling it cheap. I am not buying them but working on them for other friends who will buy it. I just picked up the r6 farings today to start body work this week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Z_Fanatic said:
Where do you pick up these wrecks? Website may be?

I want a big twin as my next bike, as long as it has a clean title, good frame and engine, and cheap price, I'll pick it up and fix it (minus the engine work). I have been checking cycle trader, and there's not much ads, I suppose everyone loves their twin or they're already in the scrap.

I am considering SV1000, TLS, TLR, VTR, and older Ducs and Aprilias.

Check out a Buell and a RC-51 and you'll have about every twin covered.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actaully gotta get in touch with a kid I rode with a few times. I guess he an another friend wrecked, pretty bad. One of them was in critical condition. However I think the other got out ok, but I want to see what condition his cbr600 is in. I was kinda looking at salvage bikes, but in NY it just seems like such a long process to get them ridable again that it would be snowing by the time it was done. However yea, I would get a bike that looks like shit but is 100% mechanically.

·
Registered
675 Posts
put a 57t sprocket on the rear and your ready to stunt. A 12 bar will only F' you up even more. They can be dangerous unless you know how to use em.

Go to stuntlife.com and look for a bike to get ideas of what a stunter will cost.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

The Fonz was stunting on an old Triumph decades ago in the parking lot at Arnold's Restaurant, so I don't think a few horsepower here and there is going to be a dealbreaker. :)

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 20 of 31 Posts