Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
if i had to guess i think that there might be a plastic lightning a move from the naked look and maybye an actual wind sheild to duck under. also i wouldnt be surprised to see buell using harley new super 88 with a few eric buell mods to them i think that would be cool also i hope a sixth gear:) but i doubt that they will get anything longer and keep the short wheel base, but im crossing my finger for the v rod engine that would be sweet, but im also sure they will continue the naked bike look, but i guess we will have to see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If Eric has anything to say about it I think he'll wait to use the V-Rod motor in a bike that can really compete with the high end sportbikes. Reading the criticisms of the Firebolt from the more obsessive racebike-wannabe purists I think they can be won over, but it's going to take a miracle.

I think if anyone can make a mircle it's Eric. Buell will need to get all the details of the engineering worked out on the Firebolt so they can truly produce a world class superbike. Sure, it might be priced like a Ducati, or [shiver] an Aprilla, but I bet it will be able to match or beat them in every comparison. Here's to hoping :D

Of course it will look and sound cooler to :drool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
ahhhh a american superbike!!!!! ive seen a couple riding around......in my wet dreams, but im crossing my fingers. hell look how long it took every one else to get where they are. i wish eric buell the best of luck!!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
i think to use it they would have to tweek it a lil bit cause im not sure exactly what the horse power on it is but from what i got from your post robert is it isnt fast enough or it's just me getting defensive as always when i post on the buell board. although porsche (sp?) doesnt mess around when it comes to there engines. Ill cross my fingers just for one day to go blowing by one of you on my american iron....just a bit of wishfull thinking:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
V-Rod motor??

Just looking at it, it looks too heavy and big to fit in the new chassis. I wish they would just out-source that new KTM motor maybe. It only weighs a 130 or 140 lbs and makes 100+ hp, I think.:cool:

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
i think to use it they would have to tweek it a lil bit cause im not sure exactly what the horse power on it is but from what i got from your post robert is it isnt fast enough or it's just me getting defensive as always when i post on the buell board. although porsche (sp?) doesnt mess around when it comes to there engines. Ill cross my fingers just for one day to go blowing by one of you on my american iron....just a bit of wishfull thinking:D
I have nothing against Buells at all. I just think the V-Rod motor is to big and heavy for a Sportbike. :)

One of my favorite sayings is "It does not matter what you ride, as long as you are on two wheels and having fun!"

P.S. I've owned two Harley's in my life, and while I like Sportbikes better, they were a blast to own. (And woo boy did they pick up the chicks!) ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Robert said:

I have nothing against Buells at all. I just think the V-Rod motor is to big and heavy for a Sportbike. :)

i just wasnt too sure what you ment as in too big, too fast or too slow not trying to flame ya or nothing.I guess you would just have to ride a buell around here cause every one is either on a harley wich almost none of them wave at ya or look at your bike as a baby hog or some of the guys riding sround on there poser machines and that usually goes ..blah...blah...blah..mines faster..then when they ask ya to race you say no and then they flame on ya about your bike some more when in fact all your trying to do is save there life cause most of them have no protective gear or wear helmets. but none the less i wasnt flaming ya i just didnt get what you ment.

later...
Ron

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
2 track days ago a local HD dealer sponsored our track day. I got to ride the Firebolt and I love the way the bike handled, but it was a little down on power. MUCH better than the Buell Blast though which was a big dog. :barf:

We also got to ride a V-Rod on the track, and I'm not sure if there were any pegs left after the day was over. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
The V-Rod motor is a tad large, but it's not too horrificly heavy. About 200 lbs if I remember correctly. 115 claimed horses. Not great, but something you can definately work with considering those 115 horses are preceded by a boat load of torque.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdaily01/02vroddyno.html

76 ft-lbs or more at the rear wheel from 3300 to 8500, red-lining at 9000. I think that could make for a mean bike. Re-tuned to be more HP friendly that thing could be a monster. Heavy, ya, but if you want cornering, buy a Firebolt. I am :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts