Sportbike World banner

What inspections do you make before you go riding?

• Check oil, coolant, fuel, tire pressure, tire tread, lever play, and suspension

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Check tire pressure, fuel, and tire tread

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Check levers and fuel light

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • If it starts I ride it

Votes: 36 45.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12-22-02

Thanks to Maley2000 for this weeks poll.

There can be many variations for poll options, but the basic idea is that it goes from a lot of things to not very many, top to bottom.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I check the oil the most and blinkers second just because it's easy to do while the bike's warming up. I usually just check things when I am cleaning the bike or if I think of something while I am near it. I like to mess with my bikes so I'm always checking stuff :p .
I know a few people who think the clutch adjustment is for adjusting the point that the clutch engages, like it's a personal setting for comfort, so they adjust it really loose or really tight to bring the lever closer or away from the bars. I like to stay within the specs in the manual. I don't know if it really matters but who knows:rolleyes: ... just a thought LOL :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just get on and ride-It is not a Duc-it needs no pampering. :)

Seriously though I have washed every bike I ever owned after every ride and the dual sports at least once a week. By doing that you pick up 99% of the problems and sort them before the next ride. The last thing you need is to find a missing bolt or simmilar while warming up with your buddies waiting to go ride.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
first thing i check for is my keys:twofinger

·
Registered
518 Posts
Usually, I just hop on and ride. About once a week (maybe two) I do an inspection. Tires, chain, lights, oil...that's about it. I am kinda anal about keeping it clean...I agree that you will usually pick up any problems at that time.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I check tire pressure and the chain when I remember, but most of the time I am riding to work and am in a hurry. I just make sure I have any extra gear like rain gear (if the weather is iffy) before I take off.

Checking for keys is helpful. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I ride almost every day so most of the time: find my keys, wipe off the dust, kick the tires, throw on my gear and blast off.

About every tank of gas I'll clean/lube the chain clean the rims, inspect the bike and tires when I get home, That way she's always ready for my next ride. I have this thing about checking the air pressure in all my vehicles about once a mounth so air pressure isn't a big issue for me.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I ride almost every day, but I still take time time to check tyre pressure (give 'em a kick to make sure they're still hard), make sure all my lights work, and check the km's since my last fill-up.

At least once a week, I lube the chain, check oil and water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts