Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maxima said:
Since I'm pretty new to sportbikes, I just wanted to know what does a Power Commander do & how would it affect my 01 Gixxer 750? Thanks!!!!
Just my nickel, but I would look at the EMS from Yoshimura. It's already out and I have heard nothing but good things about it....just a thought.
Chris:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
It changes the fuel map (the fuel injection instructions) to match any mods you might have. In fact, you can probably download a custom map for any tuning combination (pipe, intake, raised compression ect.) you can think of. It's light years ahead of carburators as far as tunability.

www.powercommander.com

P

·
0 Posts
In addition to what kevie88 said, a stock bike can benefit from remapping the FI, since today's bikes come from the factory set to run lean to meet EPA restrictions.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Pete said:
In addition to what kevie88 said, a stock bike can benefit from remapping the FI, since today's bikes come from the factory set to run lean to meet EPA restrictions.
Ditto to what Pete says. It does wonders for a stock bike too. I haven't heard much about the EMS yet but it is worth a look too. :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the Power Commander work well enough alone or does it require some other modifications; pipe, k&n filter, etc. Will it make a significant change in performance? Is this covered by the factory warranty? Thanks.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maxima said:
Will the Power Commander work well enough alone or does it require some other modifications; pipe, k&n filter, etc.
It will improve things for you without all the mods, but having the mods doesn't hurt!;)

Will it make a significant change in performance?
Yes, you should feel it.. I've seen as much as 10 horse in spots thru the midrange on PC equipped bikes. (Just the power commander!)

Is this covered by the factory warranty?
That's a bit of a grey area... but you don't have to cut any wires, it just installs inline with the stock ECU plugs. So, if you have problems with your bike and have to take it in to the dealer, just remove the PC from your bike. It only takes seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts