Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a Power Commander on a 2000 VFR800.

i had read it was great for 98-99VFR's, but that the 2000's computer was mapped diferently than earlier one's. i feel that i'm running rich because i only get like 38mpg....i have a TBR full exhaust and a K&N filter as well. and the orig. owner had the o2 sensors mounted to the exhaust...against what TBR recommends.

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
47 Posts
how do you like the 2 bros. exhaust. I was thinking about getting it but am staying away just because of the o2 sensor deal. See the "slip-on" thread in this forum. I would be very interested in what the differences are in the power commanders between the 1999 and 2000 models and if it operates in open loop once the bike warms up.

If it operates in open loop anyway with the power commander then I don't need the o2 sensors.

Luke

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice pic... Get rid of that rear fender and reflectors. :)

Ian

------------------
'00 VFR 800

TBR CF High Side Exhaust

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey trouble..

i bought the bike w/ the TBR on already, so i couldn't tell you the difference. i get alot of compliments on it because it exposes the rear wheel....

here's a pic
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=877482&a=6382978&p=23403668

still no answer on the commander though....and i've looked everywhere... :(

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
47 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000VFR:
Nice pic... Get rid of that rear fender and reflectors. :)

Ian

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a tailocker on my VFR which cleans up the tailsection nicely and gives you the added benefit of a place to put a little bit of stuff. At the bike hangout I always get a couple of looks whenever I open it to get my hat out and sometimes people ask about it.

I don't think that it would interfere with the mounting of the powercommander.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts