Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Wash them?:twofinger

Mabey try a little bit of solid wax, like turtle wax. I say solid because a liquid wax could run when putting it on and your rims would be the last of your worries at that point. Aside from that, try windex. I windex my bike every day, while its warming up, before I go out on it.

Sepias

·
Registered
233 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Wash them?:twofinger

Mabey try a little bit of solid wax, like turtle wax. I say solid because a liquid wax could run when putting it on and your rims would be the last of your worries at that point. Aside from that, try windex. I windex my bike every day, while its warming up, before I go out on it.

Sepias
Windex?...hmmm never thought of that. I'd like to know a good method of cleaning them also, I have black rims and they are always filthy, with brake dust and road crap. Im not a big fan of washing my bike, I usually just use the Honda foam cleaner, 2-3 times a week. Id like a easy and quick solution.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You can just keep a hose by your bike with a hard spraying nozel. It shouldn't hurt the powder coat and you wouldn't need soap. Other than that, I dont know of any "easy" way to do it. My rims are flat black so you cant see dirt on them even if you tried:D

Sepias

·
Registered
233 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
You can just keep a hose by your bike with a hard spraying nozel. It shouldn't hurt the powder coat and you wouldn't need soap. Other than that, I dont know of any "easy" way to do it. My rims are flat black so you cant see dirt on them even if you tried:D

Sepias
Mine two, but damnit I know it's there!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts