Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can post a new thread on SportBike fourm but I can't post a reply on an existing thread. I haven't been able to do this since this new web sight went up. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
steve, nice seeing ya last night.

and x2 on the new "site". alot of buggs and i had to disable my firewall for this site and allow ALL cookies and ads. im not fakin happy about it. that was the ONLY way i could post.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I can post a new thread on SportBike fourm but I can't post a reply on an existing thread. I haven't been able to do this since this new web sight went up. Any thoughts?

I have a thought. This site sucks, and I can't wait until we leave it.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You get what you pay for. :thumb:
Yeah, I've noticed that about this place. I don't remember having to pay anything before the "improvement". I also don't remember having to deal with an ad in the middle of a thread. I know, "If I become a premium Lifetime member, I won't see them. Before, we didn't have to deal with the issues listed above in this thread. This is my problem. I don't have issues with any of the people or the moderation of the site. I just know that things were easy before, and now they seem to be a pain in the ass, and I have you telling me that if I pay money, all of these will go away. Excuse me if I have an issue with that.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed that about this place. I don't remember having to pay anything before the "improvement". I also don't remember having to deal with an ad in the middle of a thread. I know, "If I become a premium Lifetime member, I won't see them. Before, we didn't have to deal with the issues listed above in this thread. This is my problem. I don't have issues with any of the people or the moderation of the site. I just know that things were easy before, and now they seem to be a pain in the ass, and I have you telling me that if I pay money, all of these will go away. Excuse me if I have an issue with that.
So your issues are software related and cost/advertising. Well, here goes:

1) Sure there are issues with the new software, but there were issues with the old software from time to time as well. You can't expect to change and have it run perfectly from day one. Identified issues are being worked on, but it is a work in progress.

2) You didn't have to pay anything before because the site existed and ran solely out of the generosity of Robert and then Mike. As you are no doubt aware, nothing is free. Forums cost a good amount of money to run and maintain, and it is unrealistic to expect one person to support the whole site financially while you reap all the benefits. As forums go, I think this one still has quite a bit to offer to the non-paying members. Most pay sites I've seen will have relatively few free areas, with the bulk being available only to paying ones. It may not be as good as it used to be in your opinion, but it's still essentially a free site, you just have to look at a few ads now and then while browsing. Big deal....you're still getting all of the site content FOR FREE. Besides, there are workarounds without paying if you care enough to look for them. Firefox has been commented on several times here as a way to minimize advertising content without having to subscribe.

·
Registered
732 Posts
see how smart i am after only a single beer - imagine what i would've accomplished last night if i would've kept drinking!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
+1 beer is like brain power up to a point. I play pool better to. :thumb:

It would be nice to post pic again. It worked before, AFTER the upgrade took effect. Now it doesn't. What happened? :dunno:

mb.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
+1 beer is like brain power up to a point. I play pool better to. :thumb:

It would be nice to post pic again. It worked before, AFTER the upgrade took effect. Now it doesn't. What happened? :dunno:

mb.
pool, darts, wheelies - almost everything! :laughing:

i dunno, but its too bad cuz i had some sweet pics from my driveway dirt bike wipeout... :loser:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
pool, darts, wheelies - almost everything! :laughing:

i dunno, but its too bad cuz i had some sweet pics from my driveway dirt bike wipeout... :loser:

Kay guys.
beer+ brainpower....lol :)

You throw darts?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
So your issues are software related and cost/advertising. Well, here goes:

1) Sure there are issues with the new software, but there were issues with the old software from time to time as well. You can't expect to change and have it run perfectly from day one. Identified issues are being worked on, but it is a work in progress.

Which explains why we clear our cookies, history and cache and are ok for a while, and then have the same problem a little while later, I assume.

So.....If I'm D&B Air Filters and sponsor...... and your bandwith goes down the shitter, and I see no return on my investment as a sponsor, Then I would not renew my sponsorship due to lack of return.... right?
And what would other sponsors do under the same circumstances?

And which forum in SBW has the highest bandwidth currently?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Which explains why we clear our cookies, history and cache and are ok for a while, and then have the same problem a little while later, I assume.

So.....If I'm D&B Air Filters and sponsor...... and your bandwith goes down the shitter, and I see no return on my investment as a sponsor, Then I would not renew my sponsorship due to lack of return.... right?
And what would other sponsors do under the same circumstances?

And which forum in SBW has the highest bandwidth currently?
All excellent questions for someone higher up than a supermod. If you're truly interested just send a PM to username "sportbikes" as that is the admin/owner account. "Robert" may be another option.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
So my opinion. The ads on this site are too many, too intrusive and from what I understand, are now relatively expensive for advertisers. So now compared to the old site we've got more problems, more advertising, WAY less space in PM's and have to pay a premium membership to get less than what we had before. I think that's the point. I keep hearing the forums are expensive...the costs are HUGE...all this. Bandwidth costs can be huge but I think what's going on here is that this forum is paying for more than just what's on the forum but also what's on the rest of the site. Oh and um...yeah it of course makes money too...at least now. We can talk but no one is going to change it so it is what it is. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
So my opinion. The ads on this site are too many, too intrusive and from what I understand, are now relatively expensive for advertisers. So now compared to the old site we've got more problems, more advertising, WAY less space in PM's and have to pay a premium membership to get less than what we had before. I think that's the point. I keep hearing the forums are expensive...the costs are HUGE...all this. Bandwidth costs can be huge but I think what's going on here is that this forum is paying for more than just what's on the forum but also what's on the rest of the site. Oh and um...yeah it of course makes money too...at least now. We can talk but no one is going to change it so it is what it is. :2cents:
Bandwidth also equals access for sopnsors to a customer database.
This site may well have been bought for a half mill.
I know a few sites where the owners sold them for a cool mill due to bandwidth usage and user size.
Sonsors covered site expenses and with remaining cash and contributions, the sites generated decent enough income for the owners so they did not need a normal job outside of site maint.
I could care less how much the owner/s make, but choices that hinder a site are a problem to the site and the sites community. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts