Sportbike World banner

Positive Vibe with the group.

5K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Truth 
#1 ·
I just wanted to say a few words about how I feel about the club (redline)

I joined the club (officially) last season. At that time, it semed to me like the officers were neglecting the club. I soon realized that this was not the case, and that the officers actually had their own lives that were coming to pass.

That said, I want to say congrats to Anthony (Doc Thee), Chuck (Bluto), and Steve (Almightys), on their nuptuals, or pending nuptuals. Getting married is no small project, as our current President will realize. This brings me to my next point. We as a group will need to step up and pick up any slack in the next few months. (NATE, LET US HELP) I want to thank the previous Officers for laying a STRONG foundation for this group, and giving us momentum to carry through. Thanks for staying involved, and thanks for being you. Without you guys, we would not exist. I felt a STRONG sense of pride, and enthusiasm from everyone at the meeting today, and the prospects seemed very impressed with the club they were pledging. We should feel proud of that!

I could not be happier, or feel more pride, to know or be involved with any other group of people.

That is all. Its great to know that I have 30 friends that I can count on, and 30 people that can count on me, for anything, any time.

Jon

:thumbs2:

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for this post john. I also feel that vibe i see this group moving forward in a great direction! Its great to see everyone wanting to be envolved and have input in the group. I think everyone of us that started this group would say we started this group to ride but not to have 400 members we wanted a core group of guys that no matter what would be there to help in anyway they could..... With that said I'd still like to have 400 core members!! lol. As far as the wedding if i need anything you guys will be the first to know!

Nate, not sure if you are really offended in this post or not but I don't think John left karen out on purpose. Every past officer has contributed more than they needed to to keep this group together. And its time to move forward and keep the group moving and i wish karen was still riding with us she was a great asset and member to this group!

#7 · (Edited)
Well I wasn't offended by Jon's comment but yours on the other hand wasn't worded properly. Karen was just at RO bike night on Thursday, and she is a current member. She rides so it's not nice to say she doesn't. I can see your going to have troubles keeping members and would like to see what you come up with to keep them. That's why I'm not and will not be a member again till things are truely better. I'm friends with pretty much everyone on here and would be there for any of them as I have in the past.

#12 ·
Well I wasn't offended by Jon's comment but yours on the other hand wasn't worded properly. Karen was just at RO bike night on Thursday, and she is a current member. She rides so it's not nice to say she doesn't. I can see your going to have troubles keeping members and would like to see what you come up with to keep them. That's why I'm not and will not be a member again till things are truely better. I'm friends with pretty much everyone on here and would be there for any of them as I have in the past.

well the last member roster i have seen she had not paid her dues and when i talked to her last in january she said she was not interested anymore... so if i have miss spoke and she has paid her dues than yes she is a member and i take that portion back. i appreciate your views and appreciate you as a good rider but to be honest im looking for the guys and girls that are willing to put in the hard work during the good times and the bad. not just ride our coat tails when its good its the guys that have stuck around and continue to work hard that make this group great! And again i want to say THANK YOU to all those guys/girls! and if anyone out there has any interest in joining all you need to do is come to a meeting/ride/or event to see all the new and great things that are in the works for this group! And nate this is a good thread it would be nice if you would just let that be. if you have anything else negative to say and would like to discuss any of it feel free to call or pm i'm free anytime. And i will ask that the mods delete anymore negative post added to this thread!

Flip Dismonts Soap Box

#8 ·
"The Club"

I just wanted to drop a line and say it was great to meet all of you guys Saturday. I look forward to belonging to what appears to be a great group of people who all share the same enthusasim for our 2 wheeled life styles. Hopefully I will make it thru the probationary period (providing I don't have to ride with DemonRR :) ). Thanks for allowing myself and Bryan to sit in. Chuck if you are reading this I apologize for giving you the wrong handle.(Topfuel)..I belong to a couple of different forums and confused the names I use. I hope this ends up being the only forum I need to belong to anyways.

Mike
Prostreet1

#9 · (Edited)
I just want to apologize for being so late to the meeting yesterday. Doesn't look very good I know considering I'm interested in becoming a member. Everyone I have met so far has been super cool. You guys all seem very passionate and that's refreshing. Special thanks to Dave (DemonRR) for all the help he has given me with my bike. I just met the dude and he has given up hours of his weekend time to help me out with various projects. I really appreciate it.

#14 ·
So this is a good thread Jon, and I don't know why I can't give some people a hard time with out flip coming to the rescue all the time. This is the second time you try this crap and I think it's BS. Were all friends around here and I should be able to poke at people without Mr President taking it the wrong way. If jon has a problem he's a big boy and can take care of himself. Your the one making it negative and saying things about others.

#15 ·
ok guys, sure there is gonna be some disagreements and bitchin every now and again. what group doesnt have their fair share of it. its natural and only human. the key thing is to look past what happened in the past and look tword the future. cause the future is what we have to look forward to and get to enjoy.

with that being said, nathan, go sit in a 10 minute time out, nate you do the same. when you 2 boys can play nice, then your welcome to rejoin the party :D all in good fun guys. no need to get all bent outa shape.

#21 · (Edited)
I don't see why this needed to be drama, but I can post up the facts. I don't think Flip was saying she doesn't ride, he was just saying she doesn't ride with US much anymore. Or at least not as much as she did a few years ago. Even on the forum, not around as much. And it's been like this far before the current wedding stuff. Now that's just the plain facts. If she was at RO bike night last Thursday it was probably the first time some of these guys have ever met her especially if they're newer to the group. And all that being said, hey, it's perfectly okay! You can't be around too much? No problem. You want to be around all the time? No problem. We're not here to tell people what they should or shouldn't do nor does anyone want to. It's only natural to miss people that you love to hang out with when they're not around. And since we're listing the facts here, she did pay dues in 06 and that carried her membership over through 07 so she's still a member until 5/31/08 yes.

People who weren't at the meeting or didn't get a copy of the member handbook yet, dues are due 4/15 each year for renewing members. However the grace period extends to 5/31. Members who don't pay dues by then will need to re-apply for membership. We have 3 or 4 members who are officially late on payment. As you would expect, all those members are typically not at meetings or posted events. Not everyone can show up to everything and life gets in the way sometimes (I'll be the first to admit to be guilty of that) so I'm going to go ahead and snail mail out reminders to people who are late.

Those of you who haven't paid can pay using paypal. *payment**@*https://www.sportbikeworld.com/.*com (added stars to fend off the bots. Just remove the stars)

Oh and a general comment for everyone (not directed at you Nate). Those who don't want to be members. Hey...it's cool. Not for everyone and not everyone gets it. When people join and say "hey how do I get involved" then they become lifers. Those that come in and are like "what's in it for me" are never going to be happy. It'll never be enough, they'll never get it and we'll never change it. "Hey I think we're doing it the wrong way but I'm not going to lift a finger to help us do it right" is the same old song and dance that gets us to the same old place...nowhere. We got enough people moving this train in the right direction now and I plan on doing what I can to help it pick up steam.

#22 ·
Hey Jon...great post, thanks.

I have been busy all weekend with landscaping duties...yeah, I got married. LOL.

As far as the other crapola, thing just need to be focused on the greater good of the club. I was in this and very active for a very long time. When I stepped down it seemed like that was the only thing anyone ever remembered. But I am proud to say I was here, and I am proud to see where this is going.

Good job you guys and to the new regime who has taken such an active role with initiating solid members and keeping the flame alive.

[sniff-sniff] Anyone have a tissue?

#24 ·
WTF! I take off to kill myself on my new dirtbike, and things go to hell. You drama queens have bastardized my ass kiss thread.

Natedog: You know you are by bro. I apologize for leaving Karen out of the first post. My Bad. I know you were just bustin chops, no worries. I think I forgot to mention her only because I have not met her yet. I hope I get the chance to soon. Its clear to me that you have some issues with how the club is being run, and I think it would be great if we got thos out in the open, so they can be addressed.

This should be done face to face with the officers instead of on the board. I also think that you would make an awesome member, and could bring alot to the group. That said, I would also hope that you will keep an open mind about the club and the officers, because it is impossible for them to make 30 people happy 100% of the time.

Jane: You read right through my original post. LOL! Seriously though, the meeting was great, and there was definitely a positive vibe in the room, and lots of enthusiasm. Congrats to your brother on Graduation! :cheers:

Jon Out!

#27 ·
We went out to Sandbox MX track out in Vassar, right off of M46, about 5 miles west of M24. Track is pretty sweet. Its just over 1 mile in length, with about 3 doubles, and the rest tabletops. I wiped about 5 times, but nothing serious. Pretty much just washed out the front end in the sand.

I had an awesome time, definitely love the new hobby. I have some practice to get in before I will be clearing the doubles, but it will happen. Bike worked great.

Thanks to James (JJKGURU) for renting the track, and being a gracious host.

I am sore as hell today though. Dirt riding is waaaaay harder than street riding.

#30 ·
I've been out of the loop here for some time...having left Redline because of some personal issues of my own... but I'm still a fan of you guys and I like the direction you guys are taking... The new site looks great, and the new officers seem to be taking Redline forward in a positive light. Hope to see you all out on the road sometime this season!!! You guys are awesome.

Headlight...do you want this ID card stuff or not??? Its starting to gather dust!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.