Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am eating lunch today at KFC, minding my own business, and an old lady starts in about politics. No, I don't know her...she's at a different table by herself as well, reading the paper. Now, there are 3 things I don't discuss in mixed company: sex, politics, and religion. So anyway, she says something about politics, looks at me for a reaction, and I just say Hmmm while I continue eating. Then she'll say something else, look at me, I give the same reaction, and she goes back to reading. Eventually I looked at her and said "I've learned not to talk with people about politics." She says "Why?" I said "because people get too heated when you talk about politics." She responds by saing "Don't you care about this country and what happens in it? That &$*#@ Bush is screwing up...." blah blah blah blah blah. She goes on for a good 2 minutes or so, her face getting beet red, and all the while I am becoming closer and closer friends with my Triple Crunch sandwich and wishing me and the Colonel's sandwich were far, far away. Once she stops, she looks at me, and I just stared out of anger. She had ruined my lunch with her BS political speech. I looked at her and said "THAT'S why I don't talk with people about politics" and left it at that.

My question: do people not realize that they are getting pissed off and heated about stuff? Why is it that when people talk about things that they are passionate about but they KNOW others won't share their opinion, they continue on and don't pick up on any social cues that things have gotten uncomfortable? That would have been like me saying to this lady "Geez, would you look at the chest on that chick over there?" While it's what I was thinking about, it would have been wildly inappropriate to mention to this woman.

That's the second time recently that someone has ruined my KFC meal....I'm getting perturbed by that alone.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Maybe you should have stayed in the good old South. At least here we keep politics out of the KFC.:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the problem with this country is that people are getting dumber and more opinionated.:2cents:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
squid90 said:
I have come to the conclusion that the problem with this country is that people are getting dumber and more opinionated.:2cents:
Best line I've heard in a long time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe I can fly I believe I can touch the sky. I think about every night and day. I spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can fly.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts