Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this thread was probably written like bunch of times but are most bikes polished or chromed? im thinking about doing my rims and whatnot any info would help thankx :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
dont be afraid to take this on......I just finished frame/swingarm/lips.......took me about a solid week to finish. The hardest part was the cast section on the frame...due to the amount of sanding.....the lips are easy...just remeber to use duck tape when tapeing....it is the only tape that doesnt get eatin up by the stripper!
I will be posting pics when i get my beast back together!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
polishing trouble

im having trouble with stripping the anno off the frame... im using easy off OC and i left it on for a good hour and it didnt seem to affect it, so i tried it again but this time i left it go for a good 2 hours, still nothing, so now im trying it 1 more time for an hour then i give up,, any other ppl having problems with EasyOff???

·
Registered
178 Posts
W/ the oven cleaner you need heat for it to work (heard a lot of guys were using a heat gun to get the stuff to work)!!!!!! Goto home depot or another hardware store and find some aircraft stripper. Should be w/ the paints/paint-removal section. It will bubble the anodized finish right off trust me!!!!! Dont use the OC use the stripper! It works!

·
Registered
16 Posts
WAL-MART carries both the Spray Can and the Brush On liquid paste...I used the liquid...Dam that works fast.

Worked like *BLING*BLING* on my 12R

Speakin' of some *BLING*

·
Registered
9 Posts
It took me also about a month of working on and off, but I started with aircraft stipper and then onto sand-paper I started with 220 grit and worked from there I still need to do the rims but the paint is off It will turn out great I get alot of compliments and you stand out :D I used this web page http://www.usmcpress.com/extremepolish/extremepolish.htm as a guide I meet these guys here in Columbia and their bike looked awesome Just take your time and dont rush I rushed mine alittle and it shows..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used to work at a custom bike shop here in columbia and we never used any kind of stripper on the frame. started with air sander to take of the rough coats and them wetsanded it the rest of the way. it took me bout a full day on the frame and swingarm and about 2 hours on the lips of the wheels.(we did use airplane stripper on the wheels)

·
Registered
33 Posts
If anyone wants to have there frame polished or anything else done to their bikes Fish's Customs is a great place to get it done.
If it can be done with a bike they can do it. They have put busa motors in 600 frames, they have their own custom adjustable swingarm, flawless chrome, they paint, they just do eveything you need or want done to your bike. check out the website.

www.fishscustoms.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts