Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,folks we are down to about two weeks before the "Ride".
Who is planning on being there and at what City will you join up??
Let's now say a silent prayer that the fickle Pacific NorthWest area weather gods will smile on our little affair,(and the forest fires will be put out by then too!)

JIM

·
Registered
425 Posts
I`ll be coming down and meeting at the Denny`s in Monroe on saturday(july 27) around 10am.(I may even come earlier and have some brekky,before the rest of the gang shows up).

ken

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Monroe, WA at Denny's, I think we said 11? Early if you want to eat first. Right?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Short Schedule Summary!!

fuster said:
Monroe, WA at Denny's, I think we said 11? Early if you want to eat first. Right?
Sounds like a plan to me!!:):)
BTW the address that was provided was: "18824 State Route 2,Monroe,Wash.,on the south side of the highway.", the date for this is July 27th.10AM for those that want to eat and 11AM for the non-eaters.
The next place to meet will be in Yakima,Wash. at the Red Lion Motel,located at 818 North First Street,again July 27th. Try to be there as close to 3pm as you can and also as close to the lobby as you can park.
The last chance to meet will be around one o'clock,in Kelso,Wash.July 28th. This will be the toughest one to make the time schedule work to get in from Yakima,so bear with us here!!:D:)
Located on the east side of I-5,at 510 Kelso Drive. Again near the lobby as we can get. We will try to depart around 2pm.
Okay,folks,that's it in a nutshell!!:)
Post yer questions here or email me!!:):)

JIM

JIM

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I will be wearing a John Kocinski replica Arai (with the eagle) and a Kushitani black two piece Dragon suit with a "regulation" Strategic Air Command 12 inch patch on the back (from the Cold War), assuming it gets here from CA, or I will let you know otherwise.

I am coming for breakfast. Gotta have fuel. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I`ll be wearing my Belstaff Avalon yellow/black textile jacket and my obnoxious yellow TLR shouldn`t be hard to find:D .I`ll see you there,Fuster as I will be eating too.

ken

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
auger said:
I`ll be wearing my Belstaff Avalon yellow/black textile jacket and my obnoxious yellow TLR shouldn`t be hard to find:D .I`ll see you there,Fuster as I will be eating too.

ken
Cool!!
Ken and Fuster glad you will be there!! Have the coffee ready!!:D:)

JIM

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FUEL MILEAGES AND STOPS,ETC!!!

auger said:
Jim,just to get an idea of gas prices,would an average of $1.80/gallon for premium be out of line,along our route?.

ken
Hey Ken,I'm thinking that is a pretty good average price. It really can vary especially if you get into a smaller out of the way type of burg. It will be higher there for sure!!:(
We should gas up in Monroe and then again in Yakima. The next part is gonna be a bit tougher to do. I generally try to stop every two hours to get gas and stretch a bit,(& visit mom nature if needed:eek:!!). That computes to around 100 miles,more or less. Other wise on long trips where the next gas is a question I start short shifting and watching my map and gas gage. I feel we should stop next In Goldendale. Next stop should be Stevenson. These are both county seats and SHOULD have gas for sale??!!(Maybe some computer guru can varify if gas is available at these stops,please??!!:))Vancouver,Wash. should be next and after that we should be able to make Kelso.
I get about 47MPG with mine,I suppose that will be low to average for most folks.
We should further discuss this in Yakima or Monroe.
Also if some one wants to take a stop along the way for photos,or whatever we need to figure out a method to do this without endangering someone at the tail end who feels the urge to catch the leader to tell him to stop or who drops off at the rear of the pack to take photos or something and then hauls a$$ to catch back up!!
Boy I wish I had some radios for this!!
Ken or anyone have thoughts on this??
Thanks for all the suggestions and help folks!!:):)

JIM

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If we get gas right off the interstate or state route, I am sure they will charge a lot, but with a motorcycle it won't hurt so bad.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuster said:
If we get gas right off the interstate or state route, I am sure they will charge a lot, but with a motorcycle it won't hurt so bad.
LOL!! Yeah ...nowheres as bad as a cage,that's fer sure!!:):)

Jim

·
Registered
425 Posts
PNW meet

I usually get around 170-200km(105-124mi) before my low fuel light comes on.(last year while heading down to California,I pushed it a little too far and filled up in Fortuna,CA with 3.8 US gallons with 4.2 gallons being a full tank,I was sweating a little.My tripmeter read 275km(171mi):eek: ).So,if we fill up anywhere from 100-120 miles,thats fine with me.
Now as far as gas stops go,we should talk about that on saturday night while sitting in the hot tub:p and maybe come up with a couple basic hand signals.
How big of a group are we looking at,Jim?,maybe a dozen bikes?.

Should be a good ride.....:D :D :D .

ken

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who's coming?????????????????????

Hi Ken!!
Your mileage sounds about right and the rest of the stuff SHOULD:):D be discussed in the ol' hot tub!!LOL!!
I was kinda hoping to get a feel how many are still coming,by posting this column....:(
Could be upwards of 20 down to just a couple.
I sure hope more riders will check in before too long!!!!!

JIM

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sorry guys, but I won't be making it. David and I are heading out of town that weekend to do some trail riding. I know, I know... I'm breaking your hearts, but I'm sure you'll get over it. ;) Have fun guys and do ride safe. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sniffff..........

hot_rocket78 said:
Sorry guys, but I won't be making it. David and I are heading out of town that weekend to do some trail riding. I know, I know... I'm breaking your hearts, but I'm sure you'll get over it. ;) Have fun guys and do ride safe. :)
....you don't wuv us........:(:(:(

JIM

·
Registered
425 Posts
PNW meet

Jim,I guess with Diane out of the picture:( ,reservations have not been made at the Red Lobster,if so thats OK.Depending on how many ppl show up,we can make reservations when we get to Yakima(if ppl still want to go to the Red Lobster.:confused: ).Any way,we`ll figure it all out when we get there :) :) :) .

ken

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, let's do that. Figure it out when we get there.:)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No, the reservations have not been made. The number of people joining you guys in Yakima has changed considerably since the beginning of all of this. I figured since I'm not going, I have no say in where you guys eat for dinner... therefore I skipped the reservation. ;)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: PNW meet

auger said:
Jim,I guess with Diane out of the picture:( ,reservations have not been made at the Red Lobster,if so thats OK.Depending on how many ppl show up,we can make reservations when we get to Yakima(if ppl still want to go to the Red Lobster.:confused: ).Any way,we`ll figure it all out when we get there :) :) :) .

ken
Works for me!! I have never been to a 'Lobster so I like the idea!!:):)

JIM

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will be at the Kelso Red Lion Inn at 1pm.

Number one priority next weekend.. won't put anything esle ahead of this trip. So see you guys all there. I'll be riding a Red 1986 Kawasaki Ninja with Missing fairings and a back seat. With a trailer light as a tail Light. I will have my cell phone with me so if anyone wants to call me 503-544-4290.

Spent some time at the sand dunes last weekend riding my 1982 Honda CR480R, and had a blast. Had about 4 crashes. Found a suprise 10ft drop. Mostly wiped out turning. Did some hillclimbs. Still have a sore throat from all those gees riding into a hole.

Zak

1 - 20 of 47 Posts