Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost one of our best friends last night......our black lab Albert. For those of you who don't know, Chris had Al before we met and I had Ariel (our other black lab) before. Ariel has been whimpering this morning and it is just been really really really hard on all of us since it was so sudden. He was just a kick butt sweet as can be companion. He is going to be truly and deeply missed but will always have a place in our hearts. If you wouldn't mind just saying a little doggie prayer to Al we would be grateful.

We love you and will miss you Al.

·
Registered
251 Posts
my prayers are with you both! i lost my 5-1/2 year old boxer last summer. had to be one of the hardest things that has ever happened to me! its amazing you never realize just how important they are to you!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The passing of a family member is always hard, so the best to you both.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Guys, I am sooooo sorry. I am not an emotional person, but I am trying so hard not to cry right now. I was just rubbing his belly a couple weeks ago. I don't even have the words right now.

Jon

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Sorry to hear about Al. Losing a good pet can be just as hard (if not worse) than a friend or family member. Just remember, all dogs go to heaven!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Sorry for your loss guys.
I've been in your shoes.
Pets are family.:(

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. Anyone who knew Al or met Al knows just what a wonderful dog he really was. He will be greatly missed. :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
:( Jane and Chris (and Ariel), I am so sad for your loss. My sympathies. I hope each of you finds comfort in each other during the pain and emptiness of Al's absence. You will be amazed the places you will sense his spirit.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
"They will not go quietly, the dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think we hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night, we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts belongs to them...and always will."

- Anon.

So terribly sorry for your loss...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts