Sportbike World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
FWIW-

I have my insurance through GEICO's Cycle Guard. Very good service and rates, even on my previous bikes with lots 'o plastic. Even though I own it outright-I pay 363.00 a year for full coverage on the ZR7. Granted, it's not an F4, but you might give them a call. In my experience they've been extremely good folks to deal with.

BTW- I owned a 93 FZR600, and was notified by telephone (at work none the less) that Allstate wouldn't insure my bike anymore. This was back in like '94-'95 ish. They basically said "thought you should know we're not going to cover high risk motorcycles anymore for younger riders (I was 21 or so) and oh, yeah- you owe X amount on your policy, your coverage ends in five business days. Thank you." That forever soured my tastes for Allstate. I was paying $1200 a year to them- and they drop me like a bad habit. Not once did I have to make a claim with them or did I get a ticket! Plus, they wanted me to pay the remainder of a 6 month policy when they were cutting me off only 3 months in! Arrrgggh! Sorry, that one still gets me.....

Insurance companies. Bastards. They are all in bed with the lawmakers anyways. Those of you fellow Ohioans know what I mean. They've even taken to radomly mailing residents to demand proof of insurance- and if you don't send them a copy of your current policy that proves you have and had insurance- YANK! they suspend your license and hit you with fines. And, of course, they only give you like a week to return the forms. Bastards! Every one of 'em!

Whew- ok- I'm better now...

'cane

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmm- that quote from GEICO sounds really, really high. Not one to defend any insurance company, but I'd call them back and ask them to explain how exactly $7000 a year breaks down. Originally they quoted me $1700 a year for my ZR, to which I freaked and had her double check she wasn't quoting me for a ZX7-R. Which she was- it was only after I explained to her repeatedly that yes- my bike really wasn't a ZX7-R that she confirmed the existence of a ZR-7 with her supervisor.

Of course, I've learned to expect some hassles from insurance companies....

You mentioned joining the AMA- don't they have a listing of bike friendly insurers somewhere?

'cane

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.