Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just saw this little piece on ebay and just wondering what you think, i asked the guy if he had had any clearance problem he said no but just wanted some opinions

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another pick on a newer r6 also if you are interested the guys seller name is R6diablo and no i am not associated with this guy just a new approach to plate relocation

Attachments

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I'm not sure if that's even legal. :confused:

I don't care much for the looks of it, it looks like it could possibly cause problems? Is there a full metal/plastic plate under the license that's supporting it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i don't think i like it. i doubt that it is even legal (as if mine was). seems like it would have clearance issues. maybe it doesn't because it is tucked in so close to the rear wheel. not a fan of it.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Not sure as to the legality of it, but it wouldn't be much work at all to get a small "L" bracket and just put it up under the tail. It'd look better than the setup in that picture, that's for sure. :2cents:

Are there laws that say where you must have your license plate on a bike (or even a car for that matter)? Or does it simply have to be visible? Just wondering if anyone knows.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
As soon as you're done with that, fill the bathtub, climb in, and start juggling electric appliances.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the reason i posted this was to like i said get your opinions thanks zzzzzzzzzzzz ouch electricity and water hurt well anyways i thought i was a cool idea and would never put that on my bike but well i showed it to my boss (who i ride with) and sure enough he bought one so me and the rest of our ridden buddies will probably make fun of him till he takes it off or has me take it off cause he is mechanicly brain dead but thanks for the input keep voting so i can so this to him and make fun of him!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think most places say the plate has to have a light. it is up to the locality as to what the consider to be "improper display". my bike doesn't have a plate light since i put the fender eliminator on it. so far i haven't gotten a "fix it" ticket. i am planning on putting a little LED light under the tail to it will have a litght though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
oh have any of you seen that new fender eliminator plate holder that is hinged and powered so it can be raised and lowered at the push of a button? it's in the add section of the latest issue of sport rider mag. how can that be legal?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i seen that i am pretty sure that is only intended for show purposes http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/ it is a cool idea just looks ugly when the plate is folded in. :2cents:
There is another place the makes an Lcd screen to cover your plate that with a flip of a switch the screen will turn black so the plate cannot be seen and right on there website it says intended for show purposes only, but if most bikers are alike we don't care if it is legal or not

·
Registered
196 Posts
scootieroo said:
oh have any of you seen that new fender eliminator plate holder that is hinged and powered so it can be raised and lowered at the push of a button? it's in the add section of the latest issue of sport rider mag. how can that be legal?
It's not legal, in some states a license plate frame is illegal. Most states require the plate to be vertically displayed (as far as sideways i dont know) but flat up and down for sure and that they must be behind the rear tire. Ever notice that rear fender on the new Buells? The tail ends like 1/2 way over the rear tire and then that fender extends it the rest of the way. Oh yea, must have a light on it as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts