Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well I was at pepboys yesterday looking for some epoxy to fix a broken accent piece on my bike, I find this 2 part mix called plastic weld, so I'm like what the hell. take it home try it and al first I thought it wouldn't really work, but after about 15 min. I was like "no S#@t." and after an hour I started to sand and repaint it, good as new, so I start working on my side panel all thats left now is painting. so I'm thinking how stron could this stuff really be. so I have some left over scraps of plastic so I break one in half, use the stuff to put it back together and then flex it every which way to see if it will break apart, well it did break, but not where I glued it but about 2 inches away from it, so I found a new best friend, all for $3.99 a tube. with stuff like this out there I see no point in actually melting fairings back together. anyone else ever use this product.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if robert agrees it must be good:D I love this stuff, I've gone glue crazy, I'm even using it as a body filler, and its working much better then bondo ever did. my next test will be the metal filler I got to seal a hole in my exhuast.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Thanks for the tip & PROOF of how it works, now I will have to shop around & find some for myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the info too. I have been looking for something just like that and is proven to work. Going this weekend to buy some

jay

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Just be warned that once mixed it dries very fast. So make sure you have your plastics cleaned (and paint removed around the contact areas) and ready to go before you mix the two parts together. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roberts right after you mix it up you have maybe 2-3 min before it starts hardeming. and the coment about the proof, were you being sarcastic, because if so I can always take pictures and mail them to you

·
Registered
137 Posts
nothin easier or better that I have found :thumb:
the stuff is great for those bad luck-days

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also will second that is good stuff. I've found it at walmart. It comes in a black to part tube. The clear stuff made by the same company is also good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had some stuff like that I tried using on my headlight housing from where my bolt bracket broke off. IT didnt hold for 5H!T. and it hardened BEFORE I even got it on the part and that was about 15-20 seconds and it got extremely hot after mixing it.

I think i might have had different stuff though

·
Registered
150 Posts
mistermedic665 said:
What is the actual Name of the stuff? Who makes it? I hear great things about some "plastic weld", but who makes it?
I'm not sure who makes it. The stuff i've used is called "plastic welder" and comes in a black colored tube with two seperate nossles for the different parts that need to be mixed together. I've found it at walmart with the epoxy's.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is called plastic welder, I think its made by jb weld. if you can't find it tell us and one of us can maybe mail a tube to you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts