Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to take a 5-7 day motorcycle trip in the North East. I have experience with long distances before (5 days), but in New Mexico. I rented a bike from Eagle Riders and they hooked me up with a great loop through some great areas and roads. I'll be starting out this trip from Allentown PA. My original idea was to head up towards Nova Scotia but I'm unsure of any good routes. I'm interested in great roads and beautiful scenery - I don't care about ending up in any one particular place or seeing any touristy things - I just want to experience a great long ride (Mountainous routes are what I love best) . Here are the questions I could use your input on (and whatever else you guys want to throw out there of course):

1. Any recommended routes?

2. What month should I do the trip - ( I was thinking this June)?

3. I ride a ZRX1100 - any recommendations on what type of bike I should rent and where I can rent from that's 1-4 hours from the Philly PA area. The bike I rented from Eagle Riders was a Harley Heritage softail.

4. Where or how can I find and plan a great route?

5. Whatever else you guys can recommend would be great.

Thanks, in advance, for all the help and pointers.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Last year I was up in the MA area. Loved Bar Harbor and probably worth a visit for scenery. One bit of warning is deserved because a lengthy section of two-lane highway was gravel/dirt. Didn't look like it'd be much fun on two wheels, but doable.

I love Boston, personally, and Bar Harbor was cool too. My experience in ME has been limited to paper mills so I can't give you the skinny on good towns/places to visit out there.

I think there's a site or two on motorcycle tours that could probably offer some ideas for routes specifically. Here's an example. Google is your friend :)

And your choice of month depends. Certainly the Fall leaf colors are a massive draw up there, but prices for hotel stays are higher and I understand that many roads are pretty clogged as well. I've also heard its an amazing sight, however.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kanswich,

Thanks for the pointers and the link - gave me a few good destinations.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ESanders2 said:
Why rent when you can ride your own bike?
My bike eats up rear tires and offers no wind protection.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cookeetree said:
Yeah but, c'mon, a HD?! Hope you washed thoroughly afterwards. :p
LOL!!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts