Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Looks like one, but in Tampa about a year and a half ago, the same thing happened and it was some kid wanting to play talaban that did it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Plane crash

Even weirder is that the pilot (who died) of the plane was Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle. Plane apparantly had some sort of mechanical problem after takeoff.

News reports say the the plane was a Cirrus SR-20, one of the only planes that incorporates an emergency airframe parachute. You can actually deploy a giant parachute that is attached to the plane which brings the whole plane to a safe, soft landing in case of emergency.

http://www.cirrusdesign.com

If his plane was equipped with this feature, I wonder why he he didn't just "pull the cord"?

·
Registered
394 Posts
well that chute is only in ideal conditions..

i visited where they are made.. and its nice and handy if ur in nice weather and u have an engine faliure.. but if ur past a certian speed.. it wont deploy..

or if ur in bad weather its actually safer to try n land urself..

but yah RIP..

and i was off today n when it happened i happen to be on base doin some paperwork.. and guess what i jus got home.. lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yaz said:
well that chute is only in ideal conditions..

i visited where they are made.. and its nice and handy if ur in nice weather and u have an engine faliure.. but if ur past a certian speed.. it wont deploy..

or if ur in bad weather its actually safer to try n land urself..

but yah RIP..

and i was off today n when it happened i happen to be on base doin some paperwork.. and guess what i jus got home.. lol
OMG I was right by there. I work literally down the street. Yaz the weather was rainy and probably windy. You have to remember those tall buildings are pretty much canyone walls and there are all types of freaky weather conditions. But I saw two helos hovering and I am like wtf? For some it must be a flashback of 9/11. Its a shame when we are like thank God its an accident and not terrorist. RIP

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
CNN had reported that other planes in the area had reported seeing it weaving in and out of buildings. He was also reportedly with his pilot trainer when this happened. RIP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts