Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf loves to ride with me, but the new duc' is murdering her. She spends half her ride adjusting her sitting position.

Just scoured the web for a better pillion seat. I saw god knows how many great seats for me.... but none for her.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I rode with my wife from Sacramento to Reno on the 996 and on the way up there, she had a good ride. But coming back was HELL and she was doing the exact same thing your girl did, except she was crying cause it was such a pain (and because I'm a man, and we men are just plain stupid jerkwipe assholes).

What I ended up doing was buying her a 250 Ninja so she could have her own comfy seat, and control when and where she stops for tush breaks. I plan on getting a cruiser somewhere down the road, because they just don't make comfortable seats for passengers of Sportbikes (at least none that I would actually put on my Duc).

I hate not being able to ride very long with her, but when it comes to the Duc, it's just not much joy for the little woman. Good luck on your search!

DT996

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
A gal I knew called ALL pillion seats of sportbikes as a "PIMPLE" & I am sure she was 100% correct.

Of interest most British m/cs, in late 40s to sometime in the 50s, were not fitted with pillion seats or footrests. On rare occasions we ordered in such pillion seats along with bolt-on pillion footrests that were quite sensible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts