Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know it's been a long time since I've had it done, but I thought I'd throw some pics up in case anyone was debating the mods that I've done.

Details: '05 GSX-R 600
Hotbodies Eliminator/Undertail
Custom Plate Bracket (No light, just gotta drill and plug)
Flush Front Signals
Removed Passenger Pegs
Opted for factory rear cowl (no rear seat)
Hugger
Pretty stickers (I think they look damn near factory, notice on the lower fairing and rear seat cowl)
Swingarm Sliders (Regular sliders stripped the thread on my engine mount)
Everything else is hidden (PCIII, K&N)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Snakesht-

I think your motorcycle looks great! The flushmounts and hugger are particularly cool. :burnout:

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Word

Cool bike bro, who made the exhaust?

·
Registered
489 Posts
My buddy has that undertail on his gixxer... it sounds like a wet fart in battle with a pissed off weedwacker. Hope yours sounds better. Bike looks really nice! But ditch the reflectors for sure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice. I for one would leave the reflectors on. But thats just me. But then again, I painted my bike yellow just to be a little more visible.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As for the reflectors, it's on my list of things to do. Just noticed myself how unnecessary they are when i was looking closer at the pics.

If you want to hear what the exhaust sounds like (BTW, hotbodies makes it), here is a sound clip, mine is identical.

And the exhaust is ceramic coated, so it loses heat pretty quickly. Not to mention there's heat shield tape with the kit. The only problem I've had is melting sides of shoes on the pipe. However, my Icon Motorheads seem impervious to it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
wow.. that sounds sexy! Much better than his. Maybe he messed somethin up. Bike looks, and sounds beautiful!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RoadStainR6 said:
wow.. that sounds sexy! Much better than his. Maybe he messed somethin up. Bike looks, and sounds beautiful!
Thanks. I am quite pleased.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts