Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored on thursday, so I decided to hit up the local twisties. Well, after not very long, I realised that the snow was melting, and the roads constantly had wet patches going across it. So I figured, since it's not safe to go fast, I'll just go slow, stop a lot, and take pictures. So here they are, for your enjoyment:

On the way back, I stopped next to a baskin robbins. Well, upon putting my foot down on the ground, I realised I stepped in a big glob of tar. Way to go, road workers :finger:! I didn't drop my bike, or anything, but now I leave black stains on the floor wherever I go. Today I tried scraping the stuff off, but it's kinda tough. Anyone know of some sort of chemicals that'll get it out but not kill the rubber sole of my boot?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Pics

Those are some nice pics! Looks like you had a good ride.

Regarding the tar, you might want to try a product called "Goof Off". (liquid, comes in a yellow metal squirt can)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awesome pics. nice bike too!!

You could try some Goo Gone or some lighter fluid on the tar. I know those work for gum not sure about tar though. goodluck

·
Registered
233 Posts
Awesome pics, looks like that would be fun as hell to ride, well minus the melting snow!;)

For whatever its worth this is my favorite picture, you use nice foreground and background, good depth!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi lateott_156:

Great pictures...it looks like there is some serious mountain altitude wherever it was you were riding. The houses and cars "down below" look very far away! I can imagine with all that snow there was quite a bit of runoff, not to mention sand and salt on the roadway to add a bit more excitement...I would be riding slowly and taking pictures, too. :)

What kind of camera did you use for those shots?

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Coal oil, or what you call Kerosene to even some old petrol will do the job. What we have used for some 60 yrs. Well I have anyway.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awsome pics! At least you can ride a little where you're at. It's been to nasty here for two weeks in the midwest!

I'm also curious about what kind of camera you have. Your shots are so clear. I have a cheap digital and you can really tell the difference!

·
Registered
75 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Nice work. Never seen a red 250 before. As much as I hate those bikes yours definatly looks the best out of the ones I have seen. Nice job on the graphics.

:thumb:

-M-
Thats a stock 06' 250 isn't it? I seen one at a dealership here and thaught they did a great job making the 250 appealing to look at!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan6615 said:
For whatever its worth this is my favorite picture, you use nice foreground and background, good depth!
I love these kinds of pics! My fav. type.

Blue Jays said:
Hi lateott_156:

Great pictures...it looks like there is some serious mountain altitude wherever it was you were riding. The houses and cars "down below" look very far away! I can imagine with all that snow there was quite a bit of runoff, not to mention sand and salt on the roadway to add a bit more excitement...I would be riding slowly and taking pictures, too. :)

What kind of camera did you use for those shots?

~ Blue Jays ~
Thank you :) It was a clear day (comparetively), so that's why I went up there, and that's why you can see all the down-below stuff. The altitude was about 5000 ft.Besides the runoff, they had sand in the center double-yellow line and in practically all of the turnouts. While riding, I was thinking "god help me if I take a turn too fast... not only am I a noob, but I'm gonna have to deal with oncoming traffic AND sand in the road." So it was exciting enough. My camera is an Olympus SP-500 UZ. 6.0 MP, 10x zoom, and practically manual everything.

Smitty said:
Coal oil, or what you call Kerosene to even some old petrol will do the job. What we have used for some 60 yrs. Well I have anyway.
So... highly flamable stuff, right? I'll try it.

matkal said:
Very nice pics! You obviously like to take a lot of pics, you might find this thread/website interesting http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83803
maybe post your pics too.

Try WD-40 or equivalent on tar and also to clean off flung chain lube.
I discovered how fun taking pics is when I got a cheap hand-me-down digital from my sister. Been loving the hobby ever since. I'll check the site out soon as I'm done with this reply :) Thanks.

xtreme1k said:
Awsome pics! At least you can ride a little where you're at. It's been to nasty here for two weeks in the midwest!

I'm also curious about what kind of camera you have. Your shots are so clear. I have a cheap digital and you can really tell the difference!
It's pretty tough to ride over here. I have to deal with freezing 77 degree weather :twofinger ! One of the reasons the above pics are clear is because they were resized from 2816x2112 to 800x600. They were a bit blurry at full resolution, and too bright. You can often get good results out of your camera once you become very familiar with it and know how to correctly tweak the settings for each pic. Mine is a fairly new camera, so I'm still learning.

mstrand_68 said:
Nice work. Never seen a red 250 before. As much as I hate those bikes yours definatly looks the best out of the ones I have seen. Nice job on the graphics.

:thumb:

-M-
Thanks, I did the flames and painted it myself!!! :D:D:D It was hard, but I finally got it to look good. :twofinger Ok, as much as I'd love to take the credit, I gotta give it away to Kawasaki. I agree with you, the bikes are pretty ugly (especially the lime-green/bright-purple ones). But come 2006, kawi decided to keep it all one color and put slightly darker flames on it, rather than those super obnoxiously-colored stripes. Of all their color-schemes, the 2006 one is the best. But hey, all visuals aside, that bike kicks ass! light and flickable, bullet-proof, and cheap. I love it.

xtreme1k said:
Thats a stock 06' 250 isn't it? I seen one at a dealership here and thaught they did a great job making the 250 appealing to look at!
You just had to ruin it for me, didn't you? And just for your information, it's not stock. It has extra bulbs in the tail light :twofinger

Seriously, they did do a great job this year. Perhaps they fired the guy that did their paint scheme design before...

JBaz said:
how cold was it out there?
It was actually pretty nice. Up in the mountains, I'd guess around 50 or 60... It was a pretty hot day down in the valley.

Thanks for all the replies and comments, everyone :thumb:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts