Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from my VIR race weekend. I got rained out on my solo, I went out for one lap and then called it. I did pretty good on my sprints but it got so hot, my last sprint was horrible. It was so hot that I almost fainted off my bike when I pulled into the pits. my best lap was 1.48....keep in mind this was my first time as VIR and my first race weekend this year! :)

Sam

I'm 797, 269 is my racing partner.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i met sam at summit two weekends before, great person, thanks for hospitality... too bad weather didn't let you race (rain, first race, summit, mw classes, no thanks). btw, we both did about the same lap times our first time there (she may have dipped below me later in the day, not sure if she was able to get out). the difference is she did it on a 600, i had a 750 and i raced before, she didn't (even that weekend). watch out fella's, she's flyin'!!!

btw, 1:48 is pretty damn good vir.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sam, dipped down to the same lap times my first time there.
Don't know about you, but was riding my F3 WAY over my head to get around that quick. <g> Figure if Nicky is running 1:25s, we aint doing too bad!
That is the best track/facilities I have ever raced at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys....I can't minimize the size of the pictures and the pics. exceed the limit that the website can take. Sorry about that. Thanks Tony for your compliment...very sweet of you....after VIR, I think I'll be able to shed off a couple of seconds at summit point. VIR was a great track though!

Hey Big Hurt...I'm a gal, not a dude ;)

Sam

Again...I'm very sorry!

·
Registered
17 Posts
NICE picture of you and Ivan, Sam. :D Really good time for VIR too (from all I gather).
I did the NESBA Intro at Summit Point on July 21st and I'm HOOKED now on track riding. :twofinger I plan on joining NESBA early next year.
I NOW see exactly what you and Ivan were trying to get across about riding on the track. :cool:
Are you by any chance going to the Aprilia Femmoto Ride at VIR on August 9th? I'm registered and staying for the AMA Superbike races that weekend too. I may even take advantage of the half price track day offer for registered riders of Femmoto. :twofinger
Deborah LaTour

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope...don't mind at all. Sorry, I did what I could to make it smaller.

Debroah! Great news to see that you're hooked on track days! I'm incredibly happy to hear that.....See....once people get their butts on the track...you completely see what Ivan and I were preaching about so much! The street and the track are two different worlds!!! I hope to see you on the Loudoun Track day in September, I'll be pace riding.

Yes, I am all signed up for the aprilia Femmoto ride at VIR on Friday. I'll be there for the weekend AMA races too.... I'll see you there! I expect you to do really good too :D Just don't pass me

;)

Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts