Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a pretty big turnout. Lots of people with lots of cool-looking bikes. We hung out there till it closed, then a lot of us headed over to a warehouse to watch stunters. Here be the eye-candy:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi lateott_156:

Cool pictures! I especially like the "ghosting" effect on the people. Did you use colored filters for some of the shots to get that greenish tint? What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for posting these. :cool:

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
90 Posts
i was also at zorba's last night, it was the first time in quite a few week that i could get out on a tuesday night. due to rain,cold weather or my wife !!!! had a blast my bike didnt make any of the pic's :crying: but i did #21 in the tomlinson football jersey : :cheers: thanks for taking all those pic's, see ya next tuesday night....... bulldogboogers corona hills, california

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blue Jays said:
Hi lateott_156:

Cool pictures! I especially like the "ghosting" effect on the people. Did you use colored filters for some of the shots to get that greenish tint? What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for posting these. :cool:

~ Blue Jays ~
Thanks! The ghosting effect was merely the result of the only way to take the pics in the current lighting conditions. Leave the shutter open for 10 seconds and let it capture the movement of the people and the stillness of the bikes. I used no colored filters, and any off-colored tinting that you're seeing might be due to a really offset white-balance. The parking lot lights were really yellow, so I adjusted the WB to make everything look correctly-colored. Well, it didn't (exactly). See the pink CBR in a few of the pics up there? Well... it's not really pink. The camera I used was my usual and only one: the Olympus SP-500UZ .

bulldogboogers:
You had to have seen me sneaking around taking the pics. Couldn't have missed me... Red jacket and this big ass tripod getting in everybody's way. Shoulda just came up and asked me. You coulda pulled your bike out to the middle or something and I woulda gladly done some personally-requested shots. Say hi next time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hay dude...... i saw ya...... but didnt know that was you !!!! are you going to bike night tonight in corona california ???? just off the 91 highway???? it's off green river road. a few of us our going....... thanks again bulldogboogers p.s. if i don't see ya tonight.... i will see ya next tuesday !!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi lateott_156:

OK, the tripod makes it all make sense. The bikes are in perfect focus and then you get that sensation of movement from the "ghostlike" people. The extra-long exposure is what makes that all possible. Cool.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bulldogboogers said:
hay dude...... i saw ya...... but didnt know that was you !!!! are you going to bike night tonight in corona california ???? just off the 91 highway???? it's off green river road. a few of us our going....... thanks again bulldogboogers p.s. if i don't see ya tonight.... i will see ya next tuesday !!!!!
Naa, I'm not goin. I have a persuasive speech to pull out of my ass before tomorow (for class), so I won't have time for much else. I'll see ya next tuesday.

·
Registered
90 Posts
alllllllllllllll- right...see ya next tuesday !!if ya don't mind i will take some pic's tonight !!! and put them on your thread !!! now i don't have a try------pod or anything like that.... all i have is a 199.00 thing that i got at "costco" when they were on sale !!! so i will try and take some pic's tonight !! .................. so we know how you all do it on the "east" side....... and now i will show ya how we do it on the "west" side !!!! bulldogboogers..... corona hills, california...... it's starting to warm up... the street bikes should be out tonight !!!!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's gonna be a bitch to get good pics without a tripod at night. Flash might work for you, though. What kind of camera is it anyway? Can you manually configure the settings? Have fun, and go ahead and put your pics up on this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definately a nice turn out, some awesome looking bikes as well. What do people think about the LEDs that people use to light up their bikes? I know its kind of cheesy on cars now but is it still acceptable one bikes? Either way I like it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hay 156.........you were right about the pictures!! i took about 40 of them with the flash on, and maybe 2 of them turned out good !! but nowhere in your class !!so i think from now on i will keep my mouth shut and let the real photogerfer take the pic's. because i am not worth a darn !!!:crying: maybe you can show me how to take good pic's !!o-well bike night was fun but not as good as the riverside one. bulldogboogers

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bulldogboogers said:
hay 156.........you were right about the pictures!! i took about 40 of them with the flash on, and maybe 2 of them turned out good !!
Post 'em up anyway.

bulldogboogers said:
so i think from now on i will keep my mouth shut and let the real photogerfer take the pic's. because i am not worth a darn
If you're reffering to me as the "real photographer," then I'm flattered, but you're sort of off. I'm just an amateur, and I just got lucky that night. My goal is, however, to build up my skills so I could maybe make some money off the hobby later on.

bulldogboogers said:
maybe you can show me how to take good pic's
I'd be happy to. Bring your camera next time and find me. I dunno if I'll bring the tripod next time, but I'll still have the red jacket on (since it's the only one I have).

·
Registered
162 Posts
LED light look cool on bicycles too ~ who's going to Zorba's Tuesday ?

Definitely a nice turn out,
some awesome looking bikes as well.

What do people think about the LEDs that people use to light up their bikes?

I know its kind of cheesy on cars now but is it still acceptable one bikes?

Either way I like it.
If you like LED lights, install them ~ then show them off at Zorba Bike Night - Home . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts