Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, the 'ol bike doesn't look so stock. I removed the UGLY pink "ZX-6R" & "Ninja" stickers from the bike; installed a D&D bolt on; short stalk rear turn signals; and a little yellow makeup to the tires.

Now I love it even more:D

NI !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
alas, the dumbass has arrived

feel free to bash me for asking this, but it looks like your tag folds up where you could hide it if you wanted to, am i just sleepy? or does it really fold up? that'd be cool for my 954 ;]

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: alas, the dumbass has arrived

cmd954 said:
feel free to bash me for asking this, but it looks like your tag folds up where you could hide it if you wanted to, am i just sleepy? or does it really fold up? that'd be cool for my 954 ;]
I can't fold it up (that I know of)...the plate is bolted onto a piece of sheet metal. I've seen soem that are folded up but after I put the kit in, I didn't really mind it. Probably because I was sick of f*cking with it:mad:

And yes, the D&D pipe is loud. I remember reading a post saying that someone liked the Two Bros pipe because it wasn't as loud as the D&D.......man were they right.!! As far as the "loud" part goes. At first, I was a little apprehensive about it, but now, I love the growl at idle, and the SCREAM during throttle.

Still not sure if it's legal though:D . I kept the stock pipe just in case....

Now, all I need is a double bubble, and a hugger, and I think I'll be set. However, I think a jet kit is in my future.....:D

BTW, all the folks I work with were like "YOu're buying a GREEN Kawi?....what for?!!!". Now, it's "You're the guy who rides the Green bike, right? It looks great". with all the GSX-R600/750's & R6/1's out there, I'm feel a sense of pride knowing I"m one of the only guys on an annoying green bike...with an annoying Orange Pascal Picotte helmet. I don't care if it doesn't match.....makes me visible. And with the pipe, it makes me more "visible" as well.

Also,I found a cool little sticker thatreads "Got Green"?....but haven't decided to order it or not. We'll see.

Ride safe!

NI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UndrTkrCd said:
Hey, Knight!

Green rocks! Get the sticker...

It HAS to be you that I've seen/heard screaming around Overland Park!:D

Ride safe!
Maybe it was me...that D&D is LOUD:D . I think I will go with the sticker. Just one more thing that allows me to be different than all the blue R1'/6's and Gixxers. (although i do love the yellow/black gixxer)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glockboy said:
Is that a bell by the rear disc?? What's it for??
It's to ward off the evil road demons that ride with you. The sound of the bell drives them insane and the fall off. That's how pot holes are formed.:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Az929RR said:
Nice ride, But you need to find some turns to get rid of those 1" chicken strips on those Dunlops.:D
:thumb:
Yep, I posted a thread on this subject. I noticed the same thing once I posted the pic. No worries though, I have since widddled them stripes down to about 1/4 inch.

But thanks for noticin' :twofinger

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glockboy said:
Is that a bell by the rear disc?? What's it for??
You can check out the story of the bell at www.kcplazasportbikes.com. i've seen the story somewhere else before, so it's no a "group" specific superstition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
your D&D pipe is not street legal, none of the aftermarket pipes are, they are sold for "race purposes only". Not that big a deal tho, i've had a cop compliment me on my 2bros pipe before.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts