Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know if a motorcyclist get caught by those shitty radar vans,is there any way out of the ticket that you have had from experience? HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!! Thanks! :eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had photos snapped twice (that I didn't recognize the van and slow down).

Once, I think they never sent it to me b/c my plate was obscured by the car to my right (on Power Road, it was 2 lanes wide).

The other time (Baseline at Mesa) was in my cage. '03 Crown Victoria. I think they thought I was one of their own.

No clue how to avoid the ticket - I think they've closed the 'ignore it' loophole.

cdma2k

·
Registered
145 Posts
M-16 assault rifle with multi shot burst.

Or 10mm cannon firing spent uranium shells. You'll need to borrow an A-10 Thunderbolt II though.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
damn bro whats that like 2 tickets already..

slow the hell down...

or

the best way not to get caught (for next time) is to do what XSuROsISX said wheelie past the VAN... but then again they may radio for back up...

marco

·
Registered
183 Posts
Head Rush19 said:
All you can see is my eyes but my face is kinda down at an angle,so its really not that great of a picture.
The one they send you in the mail never is that good. The one they show you if you go in to verify is a lot better. But if the face is not that clear when your there you can say it's not you. They'll look at the picture and you and if it doesn't look like you they'll ask you who it might be. That's when you tell them you don't know, you lend your bike to so many people and they'll dismiss it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
we all know how reliable the mail service is...just say you never got it...plus you weren't properly served anyway...don't answer the door for strangers either..they'll come and hand deliver it eventually...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It would be worth it to talk to a lawyer familiar with the ordinance or statute that authorizes the use of photo radar for ticketing. The usual problem with it on a motorcycle ticket is they cannot put you on the bike unless they can postively identify you in the photo. How they gonna do that if you are wearing a full face helmet? But like I said, check with a lawyer on what the statute or ordinance says.

I just do not think they can legislate around the ID issue. You'd have to be able to make a motion before they hear the case in chief, a motion to dismiss for lack of foundation for the ticket (they cannot identify the driver). But that has to be done before they swear you in to give personal testimony.

So you should have it beat on that basis, as long as you do not go to court and testify under oath that you were not riding the bike (perjury is a felony in most states).

·
Registered
150 Posts
AZDaisy said:
M-16 assault rifle with multi shot burst.

Or 10mm cannon firing spent uranium shells. You'll need to borrow an A-10 Thunderbolt II though.

Best of luck to you.
WHOA!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well really. The effectiveness of sub-machine or fully automatic firearms is simply remarkable when you decide to make the healthy step into borderline mania.

It's all good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AZDaisy said:
Well really. The effectiveness of sub-machine or fully automatic firearms is simply remarkable when you decide to make the healthy step into borderline mania.

It's all good.
Good lawd an A10 with only a 10mm cannon? What would they use that for, shooting grounhogs?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I used to be a mechanic for civilian aircraft. I was just allowed as close to the F-16 as the rope barriers would allow! I did however scare my dad when I hid in a C-5 Galaxy for 15 minutes. I got in so much trouble. He told my mom when we got home and they kicked my ass. It was a wonder they still paid for my college when I said "I'm going to go hide out in airplanes all day!"

Ugh, I wish I hadn't sold out to the computer world. I'm so weak.

By the way, your bike is badass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts