Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught the race replay on speedvision Sunday night. WOW!! That had to be the tightest race ive seen in years. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place. all riders in top 5 changed spots constantly. Biaggi/Yamaha won it, but Capirossi (2nd), Rossi (3rd), (both on Hondas) and McCoy and McWilliams all mixed it up non stop from 1st lap to last. INTENSE!

There was also a very scary tank slapper that could have turned into a nasty highside but the rider landed back on the seat just in time to lean the bike into the next corner. (damn thing actually scared me watching it, that track is fast)

Phillip Island has got to be one of the fastest most aggressive tracks on the GP circuit.

Also, I cant believe that Valentino Rossi! What is he like 12 years old??? Looks like it!

A very good race to close the GP season!

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I have to agree, the race was great! (The tank slapper was Gary McCoy, which will be Haga's teamate next year on the Red Bull team.)

P.S. Did you see Rossi in the pre-race interview? Nice glasses! ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'm ticked...

i missed the 500GP but i think it is on here again on tuesday! it won't be as good nowing what happened but it will still be entertaining.

did you guys see the 250 race what a possum!!!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i used to watch video of old races, but i've moved a few times in the past year and have none on tape. i guess football until...OMG!!!!! forever....

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sportbikeworld said:
I have to agree, the race was great! (The tank slapper was Gary McCoy, which will be Haga's teamate next year on the Red Bull team.)

P.S. Did you see Rossi in the pre-race interview? Nice glasses! ;)

That interview was hilarious. Did you see that the interviewer had in some of the fake Billy Bob teeth. :D:D:D

That has to be one of the best and tightest GP races in a decade. Even the second group of riders weren't far back. :cool:

Next season is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
mad kaw said:
I think the interviewer was British. They're born with Billy-Bob teeth.
hahahahahahahahahahaha!
LMAO
Rossi is my hero!
I like the time in spain? that, when on the cool down lap, he set the bike down, ran into the infield portapotty, and came out a couple minutes later with a releived look on his face!

[Edited by funksouljon on 11-01-2000 at 01:33 AM]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mamola?

Looked like the interviewer was Randy Mamola. As far as what to do in the off-season? Get yourself one of them awesome sims like GP500 or SBK2001, one season (one race a week) will get you through the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts