Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I'm up

Silva Bullet said:
Think Sunday is open but not Saturday. Need to check though.
...done the checking and believe Saturday is open .... but like all things with PG ... this can not be certain ...

So then .... for those that are keen .... Esso at 8.am on Sat, leaving there dead on 8.15am latest .... trying to get to track for the 10am start and (if it's open) we will prob be alternating with cars if they turn up.

I'm looking to go get two sessions in and Boycie's keen, so see you if we see you.

P.S ... as usual .. if it's pissing down at 7.30am ... I'll be crawling back into bed and return to the dream about Bruce Willis's ex getting lucky with the Legend :drool: :drool: :drool:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Confirmed open Saturday and Sunday for bikes

PG will have open 0900-1300hrs for bikes both days.

Although, as you say Leg, PG is always an unknown...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could be there too

Officially PG is open 9 to 10 for bikes at 50RM per hour. Then from 10h00 to 13h00 for 80 RM for three hours. :D :D No prizes for guessing when I'm going, then!!

On a couple of weekends in January when I went, the first hour was sometimes open for cars - I think that it just depends upon who turns up at 9 am. :confused:

The 80RM per three hours has proved to be quite popular of late on Saturday - hate to think how busy it'll be on the Sunday.

I missed Sepang due to work at the very last minute, so I'm keen for this weekend :drool: :drool: :drool:

Likewise, the rain rule applies over here too!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
642 Posts
On the bench for this one

Tempting........... very tempting....... but dun think it'll sit well with ministry of home affairs.

Could find myself "off games" so I'm gonna sit this one out.

Have fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
All fun and games

I was enjoying myself until Legend remarked that:

"My lines were really good and that I looked good from behind" :eek: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

I'm getting faster lads - three or four more years and I'll get my knee down :rolleyes: (I'm only saving my knee sliders cos I can't afford new ones, you realise...)

No crashes or injuries but I did leave early to get a head start from Legend. :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, if Saturday was enjoyable, Sunday was carnage. I think there must have been at least 50 bikes all together.

No injuries as far as I know but plenty of crashes, offs and scuffmarks.
Especially the turn 9-10 chicane saw a couple of crashes.
Another one was turn 4; where a beginner was gingerly making his way around the track, until a Pasir Gudang regular hot-head came barging up the inside and promptly forced the poor guy off the track... Luckily without any injuries.

Really have to say that I much rather prefer Sepang any day to Pasir Gudang on a weekend.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver .... you got the wrong date bro !! ... our first hour was 4 bikes ... Me, Boycie, Worsel and a new lad riding Simons old flame !!!!

The next hour had a few lads on Aprilia Turones (can't spell it) and Millies (nor that) .... and us.

The track might have been a bit slippery as I was riding like a complete poof and Boycie was whinging about grip ..... mind that's the norm so maybe it was ok hahaha.

Boycie eventually got into the 1.46's and due to dodgy tyres decided that caution should prevail and that would be the best times for the day... and as a result no crashes and no need to listen to him asking over and over "Did I crash, was it turn two .... oww ... that must have hurt ...". He was sure looking the part.

We did take part in a small comp organsied by the track officials, to see who could ride the slowest .. and of course Boycie won that.

Me ... well ... not on form ... I think I thought I was still travelling to the track.... got me knee down once the whole day and nearly fell off in the process .... Times started in the 2.08 bracket (no farkin misprint !!!) and eventually got to 1.53'. A full 5 seconds away from my PB but not feeling comfortable at all....... must have been that farkin huge arse of Mr Gummage putting me off !!

.... I heard a rumour Garfield was in sorting himself some stickers ....... whiskers was it ??

·
Registered
560 Posts
yellow peril said:
So Silva tell us, how's the new bike with all the mods? Flying around PG were you?
Well, blah blah blah...:twofinger

OK, the bike is fast.
Spent the first hour getting used to the upside-down shifting. Even so, I forgot about it a couple of times and nearly threw myself off coming out of corners hard on the throttle. Not good...:rolleyes:

Otherwise, the bike pulls from lower revs than the old R6, and it definitely has more top end power. However, the front end is much lighter/flightier than the old R6. Could be cause for concern, but should be able to get used to it.

Anyway, we will only see the potential when MSS starts up in April. Must say I'm really looking forward to it.:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mods...Mods?

I heard that pardon?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Mods...Mods?

Boycie said:
I heard that pardon?
Fark off :twofinger

On the other hand,
Some would say the ZX-6R, over-bored and over-stroked to 636cc, is a cheater in the 600cc world of supersports...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Re: Mods...Mods?

Silva Bullet said:

On the other hand,
Some would say the ZX-6R, over-bored and over-stroked to 636cc, is a cheater in the 600cc world of supersports...
Only the 6RR is used in Supersport Competitions right? The 6R is not allowed in the competitions because of its extra 36cc.

I read some places that the 6RR is not quite up to scratch with the 6R. How is that so? Should not the 6RR be a better bike and the 6R built for street use or occasional track day use? Is the only difference in literage or is there any other type of difference? Specs point to the only difference being the literage and cosmetics.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mods...Mods?

WOLVERINE II said:
Only the 6RR is used in Supersport Competitions right? The 6R is not allowed in the competitions because of its extra 36cc.

I read some places that the 6RR is not quite up to scratch with the 6R. How is that so? Should not the 6RR be a better bike and the 6R built for street use or occasional track day use? Is the only difference in literage or is there any other type of difference? Specs point to the only difference being the literage and cosmetics.
I'm referring to the MSS where the ZX-6R has been allowed in the Supersports class because SIC (Sepang Int. Circuit) wants to vie to a bigger group of riders. A sentiment I support. The race-series need as many competitors as possible.

The 6RR has been said to have the one of the best chassis in supersport last year, if not the best. However, it has been let down in the engine department I understand. The double-R makes 6 fewer horsepower (98 bhp at the rear wheel) compared to the 636's 104 ponies and a lot less midrange torque; below 10,000 rpm, there's nobody home. The RR is endowed with a few extras such as lightweight forged (rather than cast) pistons, a back-torque-limiting clutch, an adjustable swingarm pivot and a threaded frame boss to accept a steering damper. Also, like the base R-model, the RR's rear ride height is adjustable via 1mm shims.

Anyhow, the package on the ZX-6R is good, but generally by the press looked upon as not as sharp on the track as the major competitors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Re: Mods...Mods?

Silva Bullet said:

On the other hand,
Some would say the ZX-6R, over-bored and over-stroked to 636cc, is absolutely acceptable in the 600cc world of MSS... when all the other 600cc riders are riding er hm...ABOSLUTELY STOCK MACHINES!!!

Couldn't agree with you more Nils

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
classicracing said:
So c'mon Silva, spill the beans. What mods have you done?
How much rwhp have u got? Am I too nosey?
hahahaha .... Silver is SUCH a cheap cant I can't imagine he would have done any of the 'mods' you have in mind ...

In Silvers eyes, a 'mod' usually means ....

a. Adding a secondhand 'Made in Westbackicstain' rear sprocket
b. 'Borrowing' used brake pads from a 'mate', and having him install them.
c. Oil from the maintenance mans weed eater
d. Taking off the rear number plate .... to save weight...

any comments lads .. ?? ...

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

P.S ... Boycie on the otherhand is a complete cheating bastard and has overbored his 636 to 750cc, installed titanium conrods and valves, high lift cams, high strength return springs ... and had the whole thing ported and polished .... but you didn't hear this from me ...

·
Registered
406 Posts
You forgot Nitrous oxide Ledge

some twat said:
P.S ... Boycie on the otherhand is a complete
lovely and has underbored his 636 to 50cc, installed lead conrods and taken out the valves, Allegro HL cams, anodised biro springs from Woolworths ... and had the whole thing covered in custard.... but you didn't hear this from me ...
And next week kiddies how to make a ZX-10 from balsa wood and semolina.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts