Sportbike World banner

PG Open Saturday 12th

963 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bigphil 
#1 ·
I know Sepang's open this Sunday, but I can't be arsed to go all that way for one session.

I'm hedaing up to PG tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join.

I'll be bringing me pants.

#2 ·
Change of heart!

Going to Sepang instead

#4 ·
Excellent!

The decision to go was based on the possibilty that the track would be open on Saturday. The rumour came through around 11:00pm on friday but was short lived as by midnight I got a call to say Saturday was off. By that time already booked the hotel so fark it I was going!

Went up in the morning with Dutch Raymond. Capt Pants was supposed to come with us but he was recharging his elastic after a heavy stint of trying to rescue damsels in distress from the Towers.

Instead of suffering the cuisine at cell block H , Raymond and I headed for the airport and then got the train to KL. We promptly found the nearest bar in lot 10, Finnegan's, and slowly drunk ourselves stupid awaiting the arrival of 'The Fat & Furious' and Capt Pants.

This was a test to see if going into town on a race weekend is/was feasable. It is, but you might want to steer clear of RM 400 bar bills and get on the 11:00pm train back so that you dont have to eat McDonald's at the airport and miss the last bus back to Cell Block H.!!!

At the track, I discovered that my recent investment in front disc +wheel bearings didnt solve the front end vibration I was also suffering from brake fade so I handed the bike to Slasher for a pro-verdict.

1) Soft suspension (bottoming out)
2) Float the discs (machine the bobbins)
3) New/service master pump

Hmmn....

Stiffened up the front and it made a big difference. Wasnt bottoming anymore under brakes but still there was the same old vibration there.

The 'Fat & Furious' showed up, he had carried on till 3am but was ready for action and still promising to show us how to slide the rear end into a corner!!!!!

Gave the bike to him for a few laps to get another point of view.
He was more amazed with the razor shaprp handling of the bike, which was nice to hear but didnt think the vibration was due to brakes. More a suspension problem!!

The track wasnt packed this time and not many off's. Slasher had an incident on Johan's 999. The Throttle jammed goin into to 12 and he had to lay the bike down. Slasher ok and bike looks like it escaped with only minor damage, but a bit worrying none the less.

All in all well worth it.

#5 ·
Weekend

Weekend mainly consisted of Ray and myself listen to Boycie tell us all about himself and his shaky front end and why he can't brake as well as he used to. :twofinger

Rod and Keith got on his 636 and thought it was a better ride than a sophisticated thai hooker with a shady past! :twofinger :twofinger

Having said that, i was talking to Christophe last night and he has the same problem with his 636, only difference - his being green.

We also did the airport McDonalds thing. :confused:

Have sourced a van for not a lot of wonga which i am going to stick the bike in for trips to Sepang in the future.

Can't do this North-South Highway thing, my back is bent the wrong way at the moment. The only good thing that has come out of it is that i now have an excuse to go and have a rub (and tug) - In Batam at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.